MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@paveman

Thanks for such a fast reply.. awesome Smile

ok second setting is done to "Yes" ... will it make all threads update or deletion or changes available on "Fb Page"?

And how will group problem will be solved? One more thing its showing update option for page and for "my own wall" also but yes not for group.

Thanks again Smile

Regards

correct it will make all forums post to facebook

the group problem cannot be solved as far as I can tell, at least not with the plugin as-is. you should change the group to a page and reinvite everyone to it. groups are being phased out from what I can tell
Ohhh Sad

converting group to page will make me lost all my 1500+ members and thats not easy to move them all to the page ... is not there a way to update forum threads to the group?

-----------------------------------

one more thing a image of fb is now shown on my every thread (i think which means they are integrated to fb... is it compulsory to show that image means i dont want that image there... will removing it makes any difference on updates?
if you do not provide the facebook icon setting (make it blank) then it wont show any icon, regardless of how many forums you have selected to publish

the group thing is new to me. i thought i had read that groups were supported in the methods I use currently in the plugin. apparently that is not the case (either anymore or never was) but I dont use groups so I am not sure. it would take some work to figure out if I can make it post to groups or not.
Ok np .. please have a look whenever you get time and feel necessary. I will wait but yes i need it definitely..

Thanks again Smile

Rep added for your great support.

Regards Smile
@pavemen

can u please tell me one thing...

i am trying to exclude 2-3 forums from and there fid suppose 66, 62, 144 ... now can u please help me and tell me how all can be excluded from the update list.

i tried by putting them like that : 60, 62 and 60 62
but both not working...

Also i had selected "NO" to second option .. hope i done right.

Thanks again

Regards
Plz can u post new tutorial for how to create a facebook app because facebook.com/developers have been changed and its very complicated for beginners like me to create an app on facebook.
(2012-01-17, 04:54 AM)bluedude Wrote: [ -> ]can u please tell me one thing...

i am trying to exclude 2-3 forums from and there fid suppose 66, 62, 144 ... now can u please help me and tell me how all can be excluded from the update list.

i tried by putting them like that : 60, 62 and 60 62
but both not working...

Also i had selected "NO" to second option .. hope i done right.

Thanks again

Regards

Second option to NO and enter 60,62,144 in the second. if the icon setting is populated, you should see the icons in the forum descriptions on the index page of the forums you want published.

(2012-01-17, 07:10 PM)Jasim Wrote: [ -> ]Plz can u post new tutorial for how to create a facebook app because facebook.com/developers have been changed and its very complicated for beginners like me to create an app on facebook.

Perhaps later this week or sometime I can find some free time. It should not be too hard, but since they changed the need for an API Key, i need to see how the new system works first and update my plugin accordingly.
pavemen Wrote:Perhaps later this week or sometime I can find some free time. It should not be too hard, but since they changed the need for an API Key, i need to see how the new system works first and update my plugin accordingly.

I'll be waiting for ur tutorial and updated version of ur plugin, i desperately want it for my forum...Thanks Smile
We've been using this plugin for some time. Awesome plugin!

I need to update though.

Can I update directly from 1.4.2 to 1.6.3 Pavemen? If so, what steps might I need to take?

"Upgrading:
To 1.6.3

Upload files
Deactivate (only required for version tracking)
Activate (only required for version tracking)

From 1.5.x or higher to 1.6.2

Deactivate plugin
Upload files
Activate plugin

From v1.4.3 to 1.5.1:

Deactivate old plugin
Delete folder - \inc\plugins\MyBBPublisher
Upload new package
Activate plugin and use new tools to setup Facebook (if using)"

Thanks!
you should be able to upgrade directly, just follow the 1.4.3 steps to upgrade at the bottom of your list. the plugin includes an automatic upgrade script to add/alter all the needed settings from the previous versions.

then go through the tools and maintence > mybb publisher setup.

however, there are some issues folks are having with the new facebook method of not providing a api key. please use your existing settings, do not change to use the appid for both app id and api key. USE YOUR CURRENT SETTINGS, so copy/paste them somewhere before upgrading.