MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-06-02, 06:57 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]So what do I have to do to upgrade 1.4.3 to 1.6.2? Do I just deactivate, upload the new version, and reactivate? I'm a little confused about the process on the first page.

it "should" be this easy to upgrade

1) deactivate the plugin
2) delete folder: MYBB_ROOT/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher
3) upload new files/folders
4) activate plugin
5) go to ACP > Tools and Maintenance > MyBB Publisher and go through 4 steps for Facebook setup.

For clean install and if you do not care about any old status updates

1) save tokens/keys/secrets/app_ids for twitter and facebook, save forum settings
2) uninstall plugin
3) delete folder: MYBB_ROOT/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher
4) delete file: MYBB_ROOT/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php
5) delete file: MYBB_ROOT/inc/language/english/mybbpublisher.lang.php
6) upload new files/folders
7) Activate and Install the plugin
8) reapply app_ids, tokens and keys that are requested in new settings (some are no longer required or not editable by the user)
9) go to ACP > Tools and Maintenance > MyBB Publisher and go through 4 steps for Facebook setup.
(2011-06-02, 07:37 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-06-02, 06:57 PM)lucasbytegenius Wrote: [ -> ]So what do I have to do to upgrade 1.4.3 to 1.6.2? Do I just deactivate, upload the new version, and reactivate? I'm a little confused about the process on the first page.

it "should" be this easy to upgrade

1) deactivate the plugin
2) delete folder: MYBB_ROOT/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher
3) upload new files/folders
4) activate plugin
5) go to ACP > Tools and Maintenance > MyBB Publisher and go through 4 steps for Facebook setup.

For clean install and if you do not care about any old status updates

1) save tokens/keys/secrets/app_ids for twitter and facebook, save forum settings
2) uninstall plugin
3) delete folder: MYBB_ROOT/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher
4) delete file: MYBB_ROOT/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php
5) delete file: MYBB_ROOT/inc/language/english/mybbpublisher.lang.php
6) upload new files/folders
7) Activate and Install the plugin
8) reapply app_ids, tokens and keys that are requested in new settings (some are no longer required or not editable by the user)
9) go to ACP > Tools and Maintenance > MyBB Publisher and go through 4 steps for Facebook setup.

Ok, well I don't use the Facebook part, so everything works Big Grin Thanks.
(2011-06-02, 03:55 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]so it looks like the Twitter settings are correct.

Now you need to verify that the settings in ACP > Configuration > Settings >MyBBPublisher are correct. Can you post a screen shot of the top 7 settings? or type them out here.

here is the screenshot of my settings sir its about 24 hours since but still no new thread are publish on my twitter account..

so you want all forums except 78-81 to be sent to twitter? in the forum descriptions on the index page showing the twitter icon?

dont forget that only forums that are visible to guests and registered members are going to be publishable, regardless of the forums you specifically allow or disallow. if you do not allow guests to view the forum, they will not be published.
and I suggest that you remove the second attachment. you want to keep the tokens and secrets private. that is why i asked only for the first 7 settings
yes sir there is a twitter icon every forum except the dis allowed forum like on the screenshot..what is the problem sir why its not working..
check the cache for an entry "mybbpublisher_errors_tw" and post that here or PM it to me
it says "no entry" sir..
i am not sure then, that would be populated if the plugin experienced an error when trying to connect to or publish to twitter.

can you set one forum to allow guests to view posts and set that as publishable and try a new thread to see if it works? it should not be a problem the way it is now, but I want to check.
So far I haven't been able to get hashtags working for Twitter.
I've tried the following order:
#tech #computers #news
tech,computers,news

And I set the hashtag limit to three, but it still isn't working Sad
are the hash tags in your thread title? the current setup will convert words in the subject that match your hash tag list into tags (add the #). it will NOT insert the tags on their own