MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes it will cause double tweets, so you should disable to the Twitter portion of the plugin or disable the Facebook option to tweet. However, this would mean that any manual status updated to Facebook would need to be made manually to Twitter as well if you want it posted to both. So it depends on what you want done.

Yes, you can delete the old files now. Should not be an issue
I can't get it to work. Undecided

exception 'EpiTwitterForbiddenException' with message '{"request":"/1/statuses/update.json","error":"Client must provide a 'status' parameter with a value."}' in /inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php:258 Stack trace: #0 /inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(218): EpiTwitterException::raise(Object(EpiCurlManager), false) #1 /inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(119): EpiTwitterJson->__get('response') #2 /inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(41): EpiTwitter->request('POST', '/statuses/updat...', Array) #3 /inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(949): EpiTwitter->post('/statuses/updat...', Array) #4 /inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(523): mybbpublisher_tw_post_update(Array) #5 [internal function]: mybbpublisher_newthread(Object(PostDataHandler)) #6 /inc/class_plugins.php(142): call_user_func_array('mybbpublisher_n...', Array) #7 /inc/datahandlers/post.php(1230): pluginSystem->run_hooks_by_ref('datahandler_pos...', Object(PostDataHandler)) #8 /newthread.php(397): PostDataHandler->insert_thread() #9 {main}
are you posting a new thread or announcement? are you editing a thread or announcement?

what version of MyBB are you using? Are you using MyBBPublisher 1.2.1?
BTW, your error is related to not having a subject for the thread/announcement
It's a MyBB 1.6 with MyBBPublisher 1.2.1. The error occures when I start a new thread. The new thread is saved, but nothing is postet to Twitter. The subject is not empty.

Other Plugins I have installed are:

Google SEO
iShare
Profile Buddies
Profile Comments
Recent Topics on Index
i think its the iShare plugin. Can you disable that one and see if MyBBPublisher works?
I disabled iShare, but still the same error.
i just uploaded the current version of mybbpublisher to my new sandbox site running mybb 1.6 and its working fine.

are you sure all the files have been uploaded and are not corrupt? have you properly created the app in twitter and obtained the proper tokens and keys?
I think I found a bug. One of my members PM'd me to tell me he had an error when trying to post. I checked and got the same error.

It seems that if the Title is to long the error is generated. The thread shows up, but if you click on it a Page Not Found error is displayed.

This is the title of the thread he tried to post:

Presidential Harrisment: Obama Polls Poorly with Fanatics

But this posted fine:
Presidential Harrisment: Obama Polls Poorly

Here is the error displayed:
exception 'EpiTwitterForbiddenException' with message '{"request":"/1/statuses/update.json","error":"Status is over 140 characters."}' in /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php:258 Stack trace: #0 /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(218): EpiTwitterException::raise(Object(EpiCurlManager), false) #1 /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(119): EpiTwitterJson->__get('response') #2 /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher/twitter/EpiTwitter.php(41): EpiTwitter->request('POST', '/statuses/updat...', Array) #3 /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(949): EpiTwitter->post('/statuses/updat...', Array) #4 /home/truth/public_html/inc/plugins/mybbpublisher.php(523): mybbpublisher_tw_post_update(Array) #5 /home/truth/public_html/inc/class_plugins.php(141): mybbpublisher_newthread(Object(PostDataHandler)) #6 /home/truth/public_html/inc/datahandlers/post.php(1171): pluginSystem->run_hooks_by_ref('mybbpublisher_n...', Array) #7 /home/truth/public_html/newthread.php(383): PostDataHandler->insert_thread('datahandler_pos...', Object(PostDataHandler)) #8 {main}
Thanks for the feedback. Twitter must have changed something when they made the final change to oAuth as they used to truncate the status updates I sent automatically.

Now I need to go back to testing and trunctating the message myself. This means that I need to incorporate the Bit.ly API or some other URL shortening service if the user decides to use it, which I can then use to get the amount of available characters and then truncate the message so the URL is included in full, and the message shortened accordingly.

I'll see if I can get a new version posted this week.
Thanks paveman!