MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi pavemen
Sorry for bothering you with nonexistent bug!!
Even if the app iD and API id are the same, you plugin works very well
It was my error while preparing my app in the facebook developer page
So instead of putting my group's url into the "Canvas URL" field, it putted the Canvas Page which is http://apps.facebook.com/groupname !!!!

Thanks for the great plugin

so its working for you then? did you go through the setup tools in the acp or manually enter the info in the database?
Went through the setup tools in the acp
nice, good to hear that it is working as-is and I don't need to try to fix it for facebook's changes :-)
From the Plugin's description:
Quote:Only forums that guests and regular registered users can view threads in will be published, even if specified in the setting as being publishable
Can this behavior changed?
Anyway, the plugin is only publishing topic's titles not topic's content. On my board, anyone even guest can read topic titles within index page (last post titles) regardless of forum's permissions. I have a plugin putting restrictions on content not titles
open \inc\plugins\mybbpublisher.php and find

//check if fid is visible to guests and registered users
	$groupperms = usergroup_permissions('1,2');
	$forumpermissions=fetch_forum_permissions($fid, '1,2', $groupperms);

if($forumpermissions['canview'] != 1 || $forumpermissions['canviewthreads'] != 1)
	{
		return 0;
	}

and comment out those lines

//check if fid is visible to guests and registered users
	//$groupperms = usergroup_permissions('1,2');
	//$forumpermissions=fetch_forum_permissions($fid, '1,2', $groupperms);

//if($forumpermissions['canview'] != 1 || $forumpermissions['canviewthreads'] != 1)
	//{
	//	return 0;
	//}

this will make the plugin ignore any and all forum restrictions such as private forums, staff only, hidden, etc. So you must be careful in what forums you set to publish. I would NOT recommend that you set the FID list to 0. Explicitly set the FID list for the forums you want to publish (with inclusive = yes) or if easier, specify the FIDs to not publish (with inclusive = no)
Thanks a lot
Yes, I should be careful
Another question:
To make the topic's title clickable, can I simply change the folowing line:
$l['mybbpublisher_new_thread_fb'] = "A new thread, {msg}, has been posted to our forums{urlbit}";

into
$l['mybbpublisher_new_thread_fb'] = "A new thread,<a href="{urlbit}"> {msg}</a>, has been posted to our forums";
And how can I put a line break, so it looks like:
$l['mybbpublisher_new_thread_fb'] = "A new thread:
<a href="{urlbit}"> {msg}</a>, 
has been posted to our forums";
?

Thanks

I'd have to look into how facebook accepts status updates. Not sure if "\r\n" or "<br />" is appropriate.
this works on the new facebook fan page time lines?
i assume so. i just converted my page, so we'll see

http://www.facebook.com/pages/PavementSu...0371951718