MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Firstly great plugin and works fine, so no worries there Smile

I wanted this plugin to post announcements to a group on Facebook, however when I got to Step 4, there is not the option to post to this group? There is an option to post to my wall (tested and works) and a page I am part of but not my group.

This is the group in question: http://www.facebook.com/groups/303211981227/

Is there a way to post to this group?

Cheers
are you an Admin of that group or just participating in it?
I'm set as an Admin
in phpmyadmin find the setting "mybbpublisher_fb_access_token"

when you have that, put it in these URLs and paste them into your browser replacing XXXXX with the code.

https://graph.facebook.com/me?access_token=XXXXXX

https://graph.facebook.com/me/accounts?a...ken=XXXXXX

Facebook's documentation used to say that the admin of a group could post to it remotely, but they change stuff so much. On the second URL, you should see the list of items you can post to (which is exactly the list I use to setup the plugin)
Yep I did that, and it provided the same options. It allows me to post to:

My own page
Another page I joined (not my group)
The actual app created for this publisher for some reason (it shows its name?)

But not my group?
so far its looking like you can't post to groups in this fashion. you would need to create a page and then post to that. sorry for any confusion, I thought it was possible from some other documentation I read, but apparently not
Hello,

First of all its a great plugin...

sorry if i ask any unusual or noobish question...

Now, to the problem i had set everything right what it seems to me but unfortunately after setting everything (app+plugin setting) i tested the post (option in plugin). It post perfectly in my page and then delete it without any problem but after that it doesnt posted any updates of my forums on fb page? why is this happening?

Other thing i am admin of group also but in plugin its not showing it in posting options? Why is that? Does i left some option or setting unfulfilled?

Please help me dude..

Thanks

Regards Smile
(2012-01-16, 04:15 PM)bluedude Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

First of all its a great plugin...

sorry if i ask any unusual or noobish question...

Now, to the problem i had set everything right what it seems to me but unfortunately after setting everything (app+plugin setting) i tested the post (option in plugin). It post perfectly in my page and then delete it without any problem but after that it doesnt posted any updates of my forums on fb page? why is this happening?

Other thing i am admin of group also but in plugin its not showing it in posting options? Why is that? Does i left some option or setting unfulfilled?

Please help me dude..

Thanks

Regards Smile

if you have the default icon setting filled in, then are you seeing the new icon on your forum index page in those forums you have selected to publish? if you not, you do not have the main settings correctly configured. please see the original post in this thread for the minimum information to provide for proper support
@pavemen

Thanks for the reply Smile

Now i was checking the things which u mentioned and i feel i had done everything fine and i had installed google seo (i think it will not make any difference in plugin working)... I am providing u the screen shots of the plugin setting.. Please have a look and let me know what i had done wrong..

[Image: image_1.jpg]

[Image: image_2.png]

[Image: image_3.png]

Thanks again

Regards
change second setting to Yes