MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pick another username?
Hi Pavemen

I've managed to get the plugin (Twitter side) working all good which is great. I appear to be having an issue however with the twitter hashtag posting.

Tried quite a few combos putting the physical # in and still doesn't work Sad

I've supplied all ACP code and settings below. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

[Image: image.png]

[Image: image.png]
the hashtag part in MyBBPublisher only converts the keywords it find in the thread title to hashtags. it does not insert them separately. if you want to insert them separately, simply modify the language file to include them
pavemen, is this plugin better than pushing content to twitter and facebook via dlvr.it?
it's real-time versus whatever schedule you set of a RSS based posting/sharing service

the contents can be customized (with some edits or settings)

it is currently limited to Twitter and FB, unlike the other services out there.

trade-off between real time/layout and ease of use but being dependent on another third party service
(2012-06-25, 12:28 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]the hashtag part in MyBBPublisher only converts the keywords it find in the thread title to hashtags. it does not insert them separately. if you want to insert them separately, simply modify the language file to include them

Ah I misunderstood that section then.

When you say modify the language file I assume you mean the mybbpublisher.lang one

Could you point me in right direction as to where I should be putting my own tags. I've tried putting them in the twitter language at the bottom but to no avail and I've also tried typing them in the config files manually too Sad

Appreciate your help Smile
Hello,

I have a problem with the MyBBPublisher. I installed the plugin and activated in ACP. The mini icons are shown in the forum index (screenshot1), all the configuration are logged (screenshot2) and the tests are verified (screenshot3). All the things that I have to do are correct but still it doesn't work. I open a thread but it is not publish in twitter. Could you tell me what is wrong?

SS1

[Image: 9pmbb.png]

SS2

[Image: 9pmbp.png]

SS3

[Image: 9pmbx.png]
[Image: 9pmc3.png]
[Image: 9pmcg.png]
I am supporting this at Community Plugins

(2012-06-28, 06:55 PM)SpencerUk Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-06-25, 12:28 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]the hashtag part in MyBBPublisher only converts the keywords it find in the thread title to hashtags. it does not insert them separately. if you want to insert them separately, simply modify the language file to include them

Ah I misunderstood that section then.

When you say modify the language file I assume you mean the mybbpublisher.lang one

Could you point me in right direction as to where I should be putting my own tags. I've tried putting them in the twitter language at the bottom but to no avail and I've also tried typing them in the config files manually too Sad

Appreciate your help Smile

Sorry I missed this post of yours.

Edit mybbpublisher.lang.php and change

$l['mybbpublisher_new_announce_tw'] = "{msg} {urlbit}";
$l['mybbpublisher_new_thread_tw'] = "{msg} {urlbit}";

to

$l['mybbpublisher_new_announce_tw'] = "{msg} {urlbit} #tag1 #tag2";
$l['mybbpublisher_new_thread_tw'] = "{msg} {urlbit} #tag1 #tag2";

That should work.
thanks Smile