MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPublisher v2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2011-12-09, 05:06 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Facebook is changed their authentication support, so I need to work on a new version of this plugin. Existing versions will stop working next week as Facebook is dropping support for the method I am currently using.

Bummer, your plugin rocks! I'm glad you will be working on a new one though!

Anything you need/want from us users?

honestly, its going to take a lot from you guys, especially those on shared hosting. Facebook is no requiring SSL/HTTPS connections so all my setup features in the Tools menu will require you to us HTTPS.

For dedicated hosts, this is not too bad, VPS sites should be able to generate an SSL certificate as well. However, shared hosts may have a harder time getting the configuration right since the SSL certificate is usually available to you but the paths can cause problems when accessing the ACP.

I am on a dedicated server so I don't have a shared host to test on.

I think that I may have to remove much of the setup/testing code and you have to go back to a manual process to configure the plugin for Facebook.
so , MyBBPublisher is still working today.... the setup tools and everything. They said they are forcing the change Dec 13th, but its still working fine.

We may be okay. Please let me know if you guys have trouble with it
I have installed this today and its not tweeting any threads. Is there anything i need to do after putting the twitter codes in and turning it on?
Hello,

I had this plugin working for some month now but then I saw a Facebook message on my app page saying something like this: https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/611/

So I created a page and migrated to a page. The likes were transferred but the post didn't. Also this plugin doesn't seem to be able to post on the facebook page... I can't get it to post...

(2011-12-22, 01:41 PM)Wirral.Talk Wrote: [ -> ]I have installed this today and its not tweeting any threads. Is there anything i need to do after putting the twitter codes in and turning it on?
is it still not working for you? if not and you still want to try it, PM me the output of the test steps for Twitter in ACP > Tools and Maintenance > MyBB Publisher
(2011-12-29, 07:57 AM)_michael_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I had this plugin working for some month now but then I saw a Facebook message on my app page saying something like this: https://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/611/

So I created a page and migrated to a page. The likes were transferred but the post didn't. Also this plugin doesn't seem to be able to post on the facebook page... I can't get it to post...

You need to run through the setup steps again and specify the select the new page for it to publish to. I read the link and it looks like existing posts are not transfered to the new page. That is a FB issue, not something I can fix.
Hello guys,

Can someone help me?
Is possible to mark this checkbox as default?
[Image: fUNq2.png]

If yes, how?
I looked to the editpost template file, but cant found It...

Thank you!
That is not part of MyBBPublisher, it's some other plugin that I am not aware of.
Ohhh yes, sorry... you are right Smile

Please verify that your settings for the service and app you are using or created are correct ( its correct I checked it )
Include a URL to your site ( www.7drmot.com/mybb )
Include the following settings you are using
Enable MyBBpublisher yes
Is the list of Forum IDs below inclusive? NO
Forums in which New Threads are published empty
Publish New Thread Subjects? Yes
Publish Announcements? Yes
Share moved threads? Yes
Publish to Twitter? Yes
Publish to Facebook? No

But it does not publish for twitter ??

how to do Sad