MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Oh WOW! And a good link to the active 'Game Section' support forums there too. Thanks koz. Big Grin

I've now 'Favorited' that forum site. (the links on my Game Section (1.2 Final) install don't go there) Ironically I'm already registered on that forum as 'sport'.

Sadly it's loaded with tons of spammish posts -- the same ones that have been hitting one of my sites in recent months -- and, btw, that one doesn't have the Game Section installed.

I do believe some kind of aggressive moderation/spam control is in-order there to "kick-out" and "keep-out" those 'drug selling' spammers. Unfortunately the only one that appears to be capable of doing that, according to the 'Forum Team' list, is Paretje. And he seems to be missing...Sad

There is an extensive list of "Support Team" members, but apparently none of them have been given Moderator privileges by Paretje and he is the one-and-only member listed as Admin.

Again, I hope Paretje did not fall on bad times, but I would suggest that one of the 'Support Team' members establish a new site/forum where spammers can be controlled so that legitimate Game Section support Q's & A's can continue without all those spam posts cluttering-up the forums.

Perhaps this discussion should be CLOSED here and ONLY continued on the REAL GAME SECTION COMMUNITY FORUMS where games can be downloaded and Game Section specific support is more readily available.

In other words, there's no reason to continually keep bringing this discussion to the 'top' of this forum on the MyBB forums when there's a dedicated forum site for such.
Hmmm...Why is there no "IGNORE" option (so that users can choose 'not to see' the spam posts on the Game Section Forums???
-- I have the 'Ignore User' option on my forums.
Since the Game Section is released under the GPLv3 so anyone can fork it and keep going, and you're free to redistribute it under the terms of the GPL.
I just wanna know, how to make the game compatible with Game Section?
When I try to go to the Game Section, a error pops up saying the page isn't available. Is /forums/games.php the correct path?
Each time I finish a game, it sends me to:

/index.php?act=Arcade&do=newscore

The score is never submitted.

Anyone had this issue and know how to fix it?
I have this installed now i am wondering how do it get more games added rather than just pac man???
You have to download them from http://community.gamesection.org/
But the site gives an error > http://community.gamesection.org/ Sad
Hmm, no it doesn't? What error do you get?
I'm sorry, Its OK right now Smile