MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ken7 Wrote:I don't know how to do a screen shot or I would....

I checked the header template and every time I turn the games back on, it creates another Game Section title on my menu and in my CP. The extra code keeps repeating itself every time in both places. I cleared out the extra code in the header that gets created, but thats only until I turn off the plug-in and then turn it back on...And the cycle starts over again.

I also noticed that I do not have the little icon installed up in the menu, like you have on your forum...I could not find the icon in the download from 1.1 I have. Could this be a problem?

Also I just noticed that when I turn the Plug-in back on, I get a quick error message for a few seconds...

Plugin/games.php line 192

And here is all the extra code that was generated in the CP:

That's because you activated the plugin more then one, you can delete that. That symlink function is important for the gamedata, but I can make that don't giva an error. You can download it in the thread of the new version Wink

gimmezell Wrote:I have the same error message pop up when the Plug-in is activated. Everything appears to be working. I've played the Pacman game.

See above Wink

gimmezell Wrote:
WeAreWriters Wrote:Everything is fine, only something that has cropped up for such a long time:
When you submit the score, so the URL is forums/index.php?act=Arcade&do=newscore
I have the SEO plugin so I get the :
"Please add this line in your MyBB's footer template or deactivate the SEO plugin. Sorry, but even paid mods like vbSEO demand it, so I think it's fair enough to ask for a backlink when offering a nice plugin.

Find in footer template:

{$lang->copyright} &copy; 2002-{$copy_year} <strong><a href="http://www.mybboard.com" target="_blank">MyBB Group</a></strong>

Add Below:

<br />Search Engine Optimization by <strong><a href="http://spicefuse.com" title="MyBB SEO, Server optimization, Linux help, PHP">SpiceFuse</a></strong>"

But why does it not appear only on that page? And how can I add their line on that page? I.e. it doesn't share the same footer as the rest of the forums.

Did this problem ever get answered? I have the same problem. Please help.

Yes, that isn't an error of the Game Section, but of MyBB, I use a function of them.

theman80 Wrote:
Paretje Wrote:
theman80 Wrote:Hello
First of all, I thank you very much for this great plugin.

I found a bug in Game Section 1.1.

I installed 1.1 as instructed in readme.txt.
I activated the plugin and get this error:

Warning: symlink() has been disabled for security reasons in /www/..../inc/plugins/games.php on line 192

But the plugin activated and started running.
Then I open games.php page and started to play Pacman.
When Pacman finished, it tried to submit my score and in the next page, I get this error:

Your previous page isn't the Game Section

Can you fix please?

The first one isn't a bug, thats a setting in your PHP version.

Again? I go delete this in 1.1.1, but you can download it here.

PS: What is your browser and PHP version?

My browser: IE7
My PHP version: 5.1.6

Is symlink command necessary for your plugin? Does it make a problem not to work on my board?

Note: My submit problem solved, thank you for your help.

And I found another bug.
If a game has gamedata, it can't submit score.
Can you fix this please?

See above Wink

Its because the symlink is in function of the gamedata, but I go change something so everything works when that is blocked Wink
Sorry I don't understand your explanation about the error in games.php line 192. What exactly do I have to delete?

About the SEO plugin, your saying that your Game Section and SEO plugin can't be used at the same time?
gimmezell Wrote:Sorry I don't understand your explanation about the error in games.php line 192. What exactly do I have to delete?

About the SEO plugin, your saying that your Game Section and SEO plugin can't be used at the same time?

Well, I made a change in the plugin, you can download that plugin here, then you don't get an error Wink

No, but I only use a MyBB function, but I go search whats the problem
Is it possible to change the period in scores...? (ex: Your highest score: 8.030 ---> 8,030)
mark25 Wrote:Is it possible to change the period in scores...? (ex: Your highest score: 8.030 ---> 8,030)

just by viewing the php files, i think it's a setting in the games_settings table.

//
thousands_sep VARCHAR(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '.',
//

So you must be able to change it in the ACP_settings.
thanks... Big Grin ... hmm, I found a typo in games.lang.php(admin)...

line 120
$l['thousands_sep'] = "What's your thasands separator:";

not a serious problem though... Toungue
Sure, AdminCP -> Game Section -> Settings -> What's your thasands separator:
Paretje Wrote:Well, I made a change in the plugin, you can download that plugin here, then you don't get an error Wink

I looked the new game.php code and I saw you changed "symlink". But this time I got this error:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is not allowed to access /www owned by uid in /www/.../inc/plugins/games.php on line 194

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is not allowed to access /www owned by uid in /www/.../inc/plugins/games.php on line 195

I think server doesn't allow to make directories because of safe mode.
How can I solve this?
Can I create manually the directories? If I can, what must the directory path be? And then, must I move the gamedatas of games to this new directory?
Thank you.
Paretje Wrote:Sure, AdminCP -> Game Section -> Settings -> What's your thasands separator:

yeah I found it... Toungue .... thanks...
*Next time, check the settings first.. slap myself... lol.. Toungue"
theman80 Wrote:
Paretje Wrote:Well, I made a change in the plugin, you can download that plugin here, then you don't get an error Wink

I looked the new game.php code and I saw you changed "symlink". But this time I got this error:

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 24709 is not allowed to access /www owned by uid 2003 in /www/.../inc/plugins/games.php on line 194

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 24709 is not allowed to access /www owned by uid 2003 in /www/.../inc/plugins/games.php on line 195

I think server doesn't allow to make directories because of safe mode.
How can I solve this?
Can I create manually the directories? If I can, what must the directory path be? And then, must I move the gamedatas of games to this new directory?
Thank you.

I go control it then too in 1.1.1, but you can do it by make a arcade directory with a gamedata directory, but in 1.1, you can't use the gamedata upload and delete function in your AdminCP.