MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I found a bug.

In admin/games.php the admin folder is referenced as 'admin' but we don't always use admin as the Admin folder.

You can use the pre-defined variabled $config['admindir'] to fix this issue.

Thanks for this awesome plugin
Yes, that's already said, and will be fixed in the next version.
vBulletin Arcade Games v3 for the Game Section
From now on, you can play vBulletin v3 games with the Game Section, by uploading one file:
http://community.gamesection.org/showthread.php?tid=350
I just posted and sent Paretje a PM about changes that could be made so that core file changes aren't needed.

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=29097

I realize I didn't do the online part though. To me that's not too important but I will see if I can hook into that properly too. Too many hooks are either at the very beginning or the very end of a function making it difficult to intercede information in the middle. Sad
Yes, but you must to realise you that this means that the other usergroup permissions aren't editable anymore, or am I wrong?
It's a nice mod, but I am having a specific problem.

1) Link is now showing up on index page--> not a big deal, easy to make.

2) "Error
You forgot something! "
This error comes up when a game is finished. The mod is unable to tally scores at all.

Any idea what the problem might be?
Paretje Wrote:Yes, but you must to realise you that this means that the other usergroup permissions aren't editable anymore, or am I wrong?

Works fine for me. The only thing I didn't do was add the Games Persmissions to the "create usergroup" page. imho...you should just totally seperate these from the regular usergroup page and add them under their own category of Games Permissions under "Users and Groups"...that's a very easy way to do it and obvious too.

Sorry but I just hate having to make core files changes. If I install this on 5-8 of my sites when an update comes around it will create a lot of extra work and potentials for problems. Your plugin is GREAT. It can certainly be done as a pure plugin.
Paju Wrote:It's a nice mod, but I am having a specific problem.

1) Link is now showing up on index page--> not a big deal, easy to make.

2) "Error
You forgot something! "
This error comes up when a game is finished. The mod is unable to tally scores at all.

Any idea what the problem might be?

Did you add IBProArcade game (or vB)?

labrocca Wrote:imho...you should just totally seperate these from the regular usergroup page and add them under their own category of Games Permissions under "Users and Groups"...that's a very easy way to do it and obvious too.

Sorry but I just hate having to make core files changes. If I install this on 5-8 of my sites when an update comes around it will create a lot of extra work and potentials for problems. Your plugin is GREAT. It can certainly be done as a pure plugin.

Yeah, is a good idea for 1.2, I don't know it for 1.1.x

I understand. But when I make a separate permissions page for the Game Section and plugins with the Game Section, it's only the online page you must to change when you use 1.2.10 or later.
Quote:I understand. But when I make a separate permissions page for the Game Section and plugins with the Game Section, it's only the online page you must to change when you use 1.2.10 or later.

I am going to look into chaning the online thing later on. For me it's just low priority. I haven't really looked into how the online page works.
Game Section 1.1.9
Today, I released Game Section 1.1.9

Changes:
- New session system based on a field in mybb_sessions
- Compatibility with renamed admin-directories

More information:
http://community.gamesection.org/showthread.php?tid=366