MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It depends on the game, on when it redirects. It could happen automatically or have a submit button you need to push, which tells the script that the game has finished and sends the score.

Make sure that the games you add are ibProArcade games and not V3 Arcade games as the process of ending the game and sending the score are different. Also, games with a gamedata folder are not supported, so don't add those.
DrPoodle Wrote:
arashpour Wrote:There is ofcourse a readme file. Otherwise I would not refer to would I?
Perhaps you only downloaded the upgrade version so there is no file im not sure.
anyways here's the readme:
That was the install.txt which I have already read. It only contains code changes and does not say how to get the redirection to work...

Here pal, don't go mad on me. I didn't write the plugin!
Paretje Wrote:You must follow the install.txt file Wink
Add the follow code in index.php after require_once "./global.php";
switch($mybb->input['act'])

{
	case 'Arcade':
		switch($mybb->input['do'])

{
			case 'newscore':
				include "./games/submit.php";
			break;
		}
	break;
}
arashpour Wrote:Here pal, don't go mad on me. I didn't write the plugin!

{
	case 'Arcade':

{
			case 'newscore':
			break;
		}
	break;
}
When did I get mad at you? I only stated that the install.txt is not a readme file. It included code changes which you nicely pointed out (for some reason) in your last post. I have done the code changes as did the other guy who asked a question. You told us the install.txt answered our questions which it didn't, and I still can't find any evidence of a readme file...

Anyway, I have sorted my problem now. I think I must have used games with a gamedata folder because the two that I have tried since have worked.
The diffrence between 'install.txt' file and 'readme.txt' I cannot distinguish!! Except for the names.
Quote:You told us the install.txt answered our questions which it didn't, and I still can't find any evidence of a readme file...
Sorry if I misled you!
I think you didnt understood my question.

the mod works fine; the permissions are set, and the game asteroids is properly uploaded in the according folders in the game folder. The thing is, when I go to the game section, it just shows me a message saying "There are no games".

How do you add the games? by reading the previous posts I made out that apparently there is somewhere in the admin cp where you add the name of the game. I cant find anything of sorts however.
Manic Wrote:I think you didnt understood my question.

the mod works fine; the permissions are set, and the game asteroids is properly uploaded in the according folders in the game folder. The thing is, when I go to the game section, it just shows me a message saying "There are no games".

How do you add the games? by reading the previous posts I made out that apparently there is somewhere in the admin cp where you add the name of the game. I cant find anything of sorts however.

go to your admin CP and on the left side where you see the main bar, there must be a new part (game section) where you can add your games.
first upload the files (.swf and 2 giff files which you should put in images folder).
then go to your admin CP game section and click on "add new game"
enter the name of the files and the name of the game and other data(which is usually available in the php file which you can find in the game file).
that's it
cheers... I could have sworn I didnt have this in the cp yesterday though... probably because im behind a proxy..
Google Guru Wrote:The what?

Thats a file that is made to save the permissions for you. Click here to download.

~andrew~ Wrote:It depends on the game, on when it redirects. It could happen automatically or have a submit button you need to push, which tells the script that the game has finished and sends the score.

Make sure that the games you add are ibProArcade games and not V3 Arcade games as the process of ending the game and sending the score are different. Also, games with a gamedata folder are not supported, so don't add those.

That's correctly! But I'm going look to support also V3 Arcade games in 1.1 Wink

DrPoodle Wrote:
arashpour Wrote:Here pal, don't go mad on me. I didn't write the plugin!

{
	case 'Arcade':

{
			case 'newscore':
			break;
		}
	break;
}
When did I get mad at you? I only stated that the install.txt is not a readme file. It included code changes which you nicely pointed out (for some reason) in your last post. I have done the code changes as did the other guy who asked a question. You told us the install.txt answered our questions which it didn't, and I still can't find any evidence of a readme file...

Anyway, I have sorted my problem now. I think I must have used games with a gamedata folder because the two that I have tried since have worked.

The install.txt file is a readme that will explain what you must to do to activate it. I think you use v3 games, and that isn't supported, will you test it with this game. Make you sure that you add the game correctly in the admincp Wink

Manic Wrote:cheers... I could have sworn I didnt have this in the cp yesterday though... probably because im behind a proxy..

Proxy??? Did you activate the plugin? Because the menu will be added with the plugin. Can you give me a screen of your admincp menu?
the plugin was activated and I could see everything (permission menus, the game section on the header etc) but there wasnt a game section menu in the admin cp! it magically appeared the next day ;]

note: I used to have far more serious problems with the proxy when I was using myBB v1.7 but now they seem to be fixed.
And when you reload it? Normaly if the menu doesn't exist, thats a problem with MyBB