MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have recently installed myBB 1.4 and have had the loggin in problem, that is, the system frequently kicks me out at ACP. Also in member.php when I try to log in as admin (or any other test users expect the last one) I receive this message:

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:

* Please fill out the image verification code to continue the login process. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image.

I have tried all the suggestions for cookie setting and the rest on this thread but they did not work for me. My domain is:

http://besyaran.net

I very appreciate it if you take a look and give me a clue.
Cheers
I gave a link to the solution for the image verification problem in my previous post in this thread..... and try removing the .www from the cookie domain in ./inc/settings.php and then do it again in the ACP.
(2009-02-02, 04:21 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]I gave a link to the solution for the image verification problem in my previous post in this thread..... and try removing the .www from the cookie domain in ./inc/settings.php and then do it again in the ACP.

I removed the .www from the cookie domain (however I did it before without success) and then uploaded the loginconvert.php found on this page

The problem is solved. Many thanks MattR!
Not that one, that's if you've merged, I meant this one: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid279706
(2009-01-22, 05:48 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]It can't really just suddenly stop working... if the settings are correct, the file has the correct CHMOD perms, and the user has cookies enabled properly in their browser, it should be fine.

You say this yet....

How comes I can log in fine with multiple user names, yet there are certain user names that can't be logged in on any machine? I've had another user report that their username has stopped working. I have HTaccess to make sure all users have www in the URL, plus I haven't touched the cookie settings since launch. There's definitely a bug somewhere, I just don't know what the chain of events could be that lead to this happening.

It's not good because this time it's affected someone a little bit influential in the industry I work in...

I'm PMing you details now...
As I replied in the PM, how is it 'inaccessable'?? Does it go back to being a guest?? Is there an error message?? What??
Also to double up as you have:

Excuse my vagueness. It's the same problem I posted in that thread a few pages previous. When you try to log in it just sends you back to member.php with no error message. It's the 3rd user that's reported this problem on my board. When they reset the password they still get the same behaviour. When I reset the password in the admin CP they still can't log in and neither can I.

If it's happening on all computers and browsers then it has to be something specific to the username rather than a generic cookie issue, surely?

Would really like to get to the bottom of this as it may deter users.
OK I've found a fix.

I've noticed that if you untick the "Log in automatically" option on their profile in the ACP it fixes it.

There's definitely a bug there somewhere though.
Didn't you see my PM?? Did you merge software at any point??
Just saw your PM. Nope it was a fresh install.