MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2008-12-17, 08:02 PM)Kamen Wrote: [ -> ]Some of my users are saying that after they try logging in it takes them to the members.php page and it is blank. I went in and made sure my cookie info was correct as stated in this thread and tested it and the same thing is happening. This isn't an issue for everyone, just a handful of accounts.

To give you more insight to this issue, yesterday I did install these forums for the first time and used the Merge tool to transfer over everything from my SMF forums. I replaced the modified loginconvert.php file with the one in the SVN Snapshot as suggested in another topic. That fixed the issue that people were having when logging in and getting an error stating their passwords were incorrect.

So far today I have tried going in and manually changing their password to see if this rectified the issue and no dice, we still get a blank members.php page. I have had them use different browsers, dump their cookies, history, cache, etc. and they still can't login. I removed the "Lock account after "X" amount of failed logins" feature in hopes that might have a hand in this, but there was no change. Any suggestions to fix this?

I am having 100% identical problems. I did exactly the same thing. Happened after SMF --> MyBB conversion.
As stated, a handful of users cannot login. Everything else is fine.
Cookies cleared, cache dump, and everything else client side was reset. So I'm at a loss. Sad
I'm using 1.4. I got an email from one of my users saying they can't log in. I've had a try with their account and I can't log in either. I reset their password and still can't log in.

I'm still getting new sign ups and they work fine. It's just this one account.

Luckily I know the guy in question personally so it's not a big deal. But I'm slightly worried that in the future this wont be an isolated case. What could possibly be affecting this single account?

I'd appreciate any help possible.

Thanks
(2009-01-17, 09:13 AM)Mr Brainz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using 1.4. I got an email from one of my users saying they can't log in. I've had a try with their account and I can't log in either. I reset their password and still can't log in.

I'm still getting new sign ups and they work fine. It's just this one account.

Luckily I know the guy in question personally so it's not a big deal. But I'm slightly worried that in the future this wont be an isolated case. What could possibly be affecting this single account?

I'd appreciate any help possible.

Thanks

You'll have to be more specific. Does it say the password is wrong?? Does it just go back to being a guest?? Does it tell them to enter CAPTCHA when there isn't any?? We can't assume why they can't login, you have to tell us what problem you're encountering Smile
OK

On my board if you get a password wrong you don't get an error message, you just get redirected to member.php. (is this the correct behavior?) This user's account is behaving the same even though the password is correct. They even tried using the reset feature which didn't work.

I don't have CAPTCHA for login turned on.

Is it a theme problem do you think?
I'm also getting same problem and page will redirected to member.php

Appreciate any kind of help.
Can members login if they go to member.php?action=login ??
I tried the member.php?action=login thing and that didn't work.

I've had a 2nd user report the same problem today. Any ideas yet? Can I give you access to my admin panel and the user account in question?
Send me over the info and I'll have a look.
(2009-01-16, 09:38 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]No, it isn't a bug. Can we have a link to your forum and a test account??
Well if this isnt a bug, there sure is a lot of people having trouble with this one simple thing Huh

AS now i cant log into my forum at all on IE, but cant log out at all on FF3, i cant change anything in my ACP because everytime i try to save the changes it just logs me out and sends me back to the ACP logging panel.

my folder is chmod to the correct permissions too.

i just cant change anything now as my ACP wont keep me logged in to save the changes.

regards

Tyke
No, it is not a bug, it only happens when people have misconfigured something.

Open ./inc/settings.php and remove the .www from the cookie domain. The do it again in the ACP.