MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to a relatives house yesterday. When I logged in on there computer it just went back to the Index page with me logged out. I kept trying and it wouldn't stay logged in.

I tried logging in on other forums just to check and they worked. I am now back at home and I could login in to my forums perfectly fine. Anyone know why?
Assuming it's the URL in your sig, the cookie domain isn't quite right, so your computer at home has stored the incorrect version and is working with that, but when the other computer stored the wrong version, it wouldn't work.
(2009-11-04, 05:38 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming it's the URL in your sig, the cookie domain isn't quite right, so your computer at home has stored the incorrect version and is working with that, but when the other computer stored the wrong version, it wouldn't work.

How do I fix this? Smile
Remove the .www from the start of your cookie domain at ACP > Configuration > General Configuration, then it'll be correct. You may need to clear your cookies to make the new settings take effect but it should work on the other computer then.
At the moment it is this: .www.pokemon-forum.com

Should I change to this: .pokemon-forum.com

Is that correct?
Yep. I had it with the .www in the cookie domain on my forum for a while, it wouldn't login unless I had www. in the URL, sometimes it didn't even work with it there.
I erased it all. Now nothing is in the cookie domain field. After I deleted cookies it seems to be working for me at home. Need to test elsewhere now.
Hello to everybody
I have a little log in problem. Yesterday my usename and password were work but today it is not working. I give my user name and pass word then i click on log in then it display an error message "user name and password is incorrect" but i am sure about my user name and password. So help me. This account is very important for me.
Well, the details aren't right then. Run this query to reset your password to test

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X';

Change X to your UID.
Matt, I have a big problem...
I had my forum set up to beta test on another domain..
Today I bought a new domain to house my forum
The domain is http://www.mfpforum.net
I started from scratch on the new domain with a complete new install...
I have already removed the folder the old forum was set up on at the other domain...
The install went very smoothly until I try to logon...
I have two accounts set up... Admin Team (as the Admin acct) and Old Griz (as a registered user)... when I logon they do not appear and if I go to the Whose Online link it only shows the Guest account....
I have cleared all cookies and the browser is set up to always allow cookies from the new domain http://www.mfpforum.com
I have been going nuts for a couple of hours trying to get around this... PLEASE HELP ME... I have a bunch of people eager to get on the new forum.... I had no problems setting up the one on the old domain...
If you need passwords or additional info please email me