MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
will i was going to try reinstalling.

before i do that. anyone know what the config settings are. or have one that i can change to mine.

i made a error and uploaded a blank config file over the one i had. bonehead mistake on my part.
[wiki]Inc/config.php[/wiki]

Use this and then edit in your database details.
(2008-12-29, 10:50 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]URL?? There is nothing we can do or suggest without one.

Yes, I've been hedging a bit to keep sensitive info off the main board. However, I'm sending you a PM with the specifics as well as a login so you can see what I'm talking about first hand.
Thank.

and when i log in again, it log me out.
(2008-12-29, 11:59 PM)Bill1 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank.

and when i log in again, it log me out.

Is ./inc/config.php CHMOD to 666??
Yes it is.
I have a problem..

I bought a domain, and I hooked this domain to a subfolder from my friends hosting. So i am basically borrowing his hosting for myself. My part of the site is a sub folder, and I bought a domain so it doesn't show up as a sub folder.

So my forums is located in this folder he gave me, how do I do my cookies then?
=============================
Because its a sub folder, which is also a forum

If your URL is http://www.example.com/myforum/, your settings should be:
* Cookie Domain: .example.com (occasionally .www.example.com is needed)
* Cookie Path: /myforum/
=============================
Okay, I'm having problems with logging in.

I can log into my ACP just fine, but whenever I click on a link, it makes me log in again.

But I CANNOT log into my forums. When I log in, it says you have logged in succesfully, but when that page is done loading, I'm STILL a guest!

I know how to fix this problem, so I went to the ACP and tried changing my cookie domain, but when I click "Save Settings", it takes me back to the admin login page, so I log in, and the cookie domain is still the same! It won't let me change it because it makes me log in every time I try to edit something!

HELP!
Ok so i thought I fixed my cookie problem but it appears I can login normally, but when I get into my ACP is when the problem occurs.

I can post, reply, everything is normal, but only in the admin CP i am getting logged out.

The settings for cookies ARE set correctly. HELP![/align]
Again, we can help you in no way at all if you don't provide a URL.