MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-03-18, 10:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The cookie domain is .terrum.co.uk and the path is /lynxrp/ which doesn't match up to any domains. You won't be able to access it properly with http://www.lynxclan.co.uk/ because you've put it in an iframe, they cause problems with logging in, really not a good way of setting it up, any way you can make it load on http://www.lynxclan.co.uk/ with no iframe??

I thought the iframe would be the problem. Thanks anyway.
Problem with them is that different browsers treat iframes differently. Some might try and save cookie details for the URL you've got in your address bar, some might try and save cookies for the URL of the page being loaded in the iframe. Also they might render differently in different browsers, you can't always bookmark them... generally best to avoid them.
Hi I'm another one to have a log-on and not-staying-logged-on problem. After screening tons of postings I'm still not able to find a solution:
Once I log into the ACP and change the settings I'm being logged out as soon as I wanna confirm the changes. This problem occurs since I changed the cookie domain. I checked all the cookie settings in all possible browsers - nothing works (including deleting them and waiting for them to refresh). I also changed the cookie domain in the \inc\settings.php and still can't change the ACP settings. Of course even resetting the cookie domain to the old one doesn't work as my ACP won't accept any changes.
Please help.
I find myself in a predicament not even being able to undo the mistakes of the past.
url: uninet.piranho.de
Test account: testing
pass: 000000
Set the cookie domain to either uninet.piranho.de or .piranho.de in settings.php, clear your browser cookies, try again.
I already did that but that wouldn't solve the problem
It's still got the old settings. Set it to .piranho.de again.
when I change the inc\settings.php to .uninet.piranho.de or .pirhano.de the ACP is still not working correctly thus I can't change the config settings there to apply the new domain to the mysql database.
And did you clear your browser cookies?? It's still showing the old settings in the source, do you keep changing it back to that?? Change it to .pirhano.de and just keep it like that.
yes, I uploaded the updated settings.php, deleted the cookies and tried to acces the ACP, but thats not helping at all -.-
Right, but do you then change the cookie domain back to what it was to begin with?? Because it's always been what it was the first time whenever I've looked at it.