MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can't have read the thread very well as your settings are way out.

This is what you have in your source:

var cookieDomain = ".forums";
var cookiePath = "/";

should be:

var cookieDomain = ".kids-tales.com";
var cookiePath = "/forums/";

Edit them to that in ./inc/settings.php and then in the ACP.
I tried that, but because ACP keeps making me login again after I take any action (screen changes or anything) I can't get the settings to stick....

OK I changed in settings.php using dreamweaver...no changes still even after clearing cookies.
I tried FF, IE7, Safari...all the same.

I still get bumped off AdminCP after every button click, and I still don't get logged in.

I created a new user account, but still can't get logged in.

frustrating.
Now it's saying your board isn't installed. Those would have been the correct settings, either you didn't update them properly or settings.php wasn't CHMOD to 666. Did you change them in the ACP straight after??
(2009-02-20, 09:52 AM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]Now it's saying your board isn't installed. Those would have been the correct settings, either you didn't update them properly or settings.php wasn't CHMOD to 666. Did you change them in the ACP straight after??

ACP still logs me off after I touch a button.

I'm having my host provider recover my site to a prior day 1.2.9 BB version, and I'll start the upgrade all over.

i must have messed it up somehow....Thanks for the replies though.
Woah, I don't think you need to revert to a backup like this :| Just make sure the settings are correct, that settings.php is CHMOD to 666, that you change it in the ACP after, and that you also clear your browser's cookies. If you do all that you really shouldn't have a problem... I can't even check if they're even set correctly now... Undecided
(2009-02-20, 11:56 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]Woah, I don't think you need to revert to a backup like this :| Just make sure the settings are correct, that settings.php is CHMOD to 666, that you change it in the ACP after, and that you also clear your browser's cookies. If you do all that you really shouldn't have a problem... I can't even check if they're even set correctly now... Undecided

Well I uploaded all new folders from the 1.4.4 version to my site after deleting them, then tried to do an install again, but it didn't work, that's why I'm trying to restore it. I don't know what else to do. I'm not savvy with how to CHMOD....I can make changes using dreamweaver, but I don't know if that's the same thing.
CHMODing is just giving a file extra permissions, and you do it in your file manager. It needs to be written to by having permissions of 666.
(2009-02-21, 12:12 AM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]CHMODing is just giving a file extra permissions, and you do it in your file manager. It needs to be written to by having permissions of 666.

I'll open my file manager from my hosting service...so I select the "setPerm" button once I have the file selected and enter 666?
I can't really say, I have no idea what file manager you're using or how it works. It just needs to have CHMOD settings or permissions set to 666, however it's done on your file manager. Then update the settings in the file again.
the file manager I use has three boxes titles r - w - x I'm guessing read, write, modify. So I'll select them all for admin.