MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for this guys. Who knows how to change the Cookie Domain with iPage hosting?
There's no different method for different hosts, you just need to find a way to edit your settings.php file...
Hello,
This is my first time setting up a mybb forum (ver 1.6.3) and the Login system isn't working; it gives the login successful screen then returns to the main page not logged in. The ACP will log in, but won't change any settings and will log out after every click. I tried everything on the OP with no luck, plus I have also tried CHMOD'ing settings.php to 777 just to see if it was a permission problem, but to no avail. My domain registration has not gone though just yet so my site link is currently http://88.198.4.94/~ghostcra/ , my settings are:

Cookie domain: .88.198.4.94
Cookie Path: /~ghostcra/

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
An IP address is no domain so you can't use it as cookie domain. Just leave it empty.
(2011-06-10, 04:56 AM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]An IP address is no domain so you can't use it as cookie domain. Just leave it empty.

Thank you so much! I've spend 3 days on this reading random pages everywhere to find help. Sorry if I was gravedigging by bumping this ancient thread.