MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2010-05-04, 07:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No, the problem is that you have a dynamic IP, and because it's changing it says it's invalid against what's been stored. Making this change means it won't check the IP.

Omfg, man, Your're my god ! Omg, 3 days with this problem and you, you repair this in 10 seconds ! A very big thanks to you !
Ok obviously I have read the first post. However I have a bit of an unusual one.

I could log in to admin panel, but if I changed page or any setting I had to log in again and the setting would be reset, so I couldn't actually change it.

So.... I went to the mysql db and changed the settings there, however I still have the same problem.

In the db the settings are:

Quote:.h2hclan.net
/tm-dev/
_tmdev

Yet if I view source code of site I see:

Quote: var cookieDomain = ".www.techmonkeys.co.uk";
var cookiePath = "/";
var cookiePrefix = "_tm";

These are the settings for the main site, where as I am creating a dev site.

I have cleared cookies in my browser and everything like that, but no joy.
It says to change settings.php for a reason. It will not work if you change the database because the forum uses whatever is in the settings.php file, not what's in the database directly. That is why the source says different to what's in the database, the source is outputting what's in settings.php, and that's what the forum is using. Edit the settings in settings.php, and then in the ACP after, like it says, and it'll work, as it'll then update the database, and in turn update settings.php with the new settings.

A lot of the time people wouldn't have problems if they read the instructions given...
Dude my bad, I read the post, but clearly not close enough, I have a bad habbit of skimming.

Sorry and thanks!
Hello
i m facing problems regarding to LOGIN only on internet explorer , working nice on firefox but not on explorer

test username is = vicky
passward is = 12345678

forum link is

http://wineasyload.host22.com/

pls tell me how to fix it
Well we would if the website wasn't under review by 00webhost Shy
(2010-05-14, 04:43 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Well we would if the website wasn't under review by 00webhost Shy

yes sorry it is under review i will repost it when its online
(2008-12-18, 04:46 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]After changing cookie settings it may be necessary to delete the old browser cookies.

Thanks u, i deleted the old browse cookies as u said, it's appreciated!
Hi,

When I try to login to my forum (uninet.de.tf/forum) it says

'You have successfully been logged in.
You will now be taken back to where you came from'

and afterwards I'm still not logged on...
I tried pretty much everything told in the first threat (checked cooki domain, set settings.php to 666, erased it and chmoded the new file, cleared my browser,...) but its still not working.

If you need a test acc: login: testi pw: 123456

Ingolmo
It's because you've got your forum in an iframe, all that's doing is causing problems. Setup your forums without an iframe and it'll work.