MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks i had this problem and didnt know how to fix it so wat i had to do is change the url of my forum
My ACP was working fine until today.

I'm now having Login/Logout problems: ACP keeps asking for username/password whenever I click on anything.

I tried making changes, however they are not saved, ie the settings aren't updated in the database.

My forum is at www.wemeton.com/forum
The Cookie Domain still shows .www.wemeton.com (can't remove the www.)
The Cookie Path shows: /forum/

I made sure that my browser accepts all cookies (however ACP worked in browser yesterday)

In my General Configuations, I don't have a 'cache' setting'; I have 'send no cache headers', which is set at 'no'
I tried changing it to 'yes', however the system wouldn't save it either.

Do you have any ideas on how to get this working again?

(2008-12-17, 07:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Recently, there have been a lot of people having problems logging in and/or logging out of their forums. This also includes having to login after every action in the ACP.

Almost every time, this is due to incorrect cookie settings. This is easy to fix, and here's how.
You can remove the .www, from settings.php, like the first post says... no settings will save if you can't stay logged in because you get logged out before the settings have a chance to be saved.
I checked both source code from a forum page, as well as the settings.php

Both match the information:
the source code shows:
var cookieDomain = ".www.wemeton.com";
var cookiePath = "/forum/";
var cookiePrefix = "";

and settings.php shows:
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".www.wemeton.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

Should I delete the ".www" in the settings.php, if it matches what shows in the source code? I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

(2009-12-15, 11:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can remove the .www, from settings.php, like the first post says... no settings will save if you can't stay logged in because you get logged out before the settings have a chance to be saved.
The source code will always match what's in settings.php as the source code uses whatever's in settings.php. Remove the .www from settings.php, then again via the ACP, clear your browser cookies, try again.
That worked great. Thanks for your help!
(2009-12-16, 12:09 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The source code will always match what's in settings.php as the source code uses whatever's in settings.php. Remove the .www from settings.php, then again via the ACP, clear your browser cookies, try again.
Ok, So I'm a little lost with this.. my cookie domain was .clanwop.com and my cookie path was / but then when I click on the button to go to the forum it took you to home page?

My problem was when someone would log in It would say "You have successfully been logged in. You will now be taken back to where you came from" then it would redirect you to the Main Index to the forum but you wouldnt be logged in. I run my website masked, It's www.clanwop.com and the host address is www.mohaawop.pcriot.com and the forum works on that www.mohaawop.pcriot.com/wopforum/ but it dont work on my masked website..

Any Ideas?[/u]
If you're using http://www.clanwop.com the cookie path needs to be /... cookie settings won't have any effect at all on where any buttons or links go to at all.
Im confused... I'm not sure what Im suppose to do I did all you said, but still nothing, and now I cant log out, on any of the urls.
The current settings you have are nothing like what I said. The cookie domain is now www. mohaawop.pcriot.com/ (space added to stop it parsing the URL) and it was fine as it was before at .clanwop.com, don't know why that's changed... plus the cookie path is .../, I said to set it to /

Plus http://www.clanwop.com/ just times out and gives a network error when I go to it.

Choose one URL to use and stick to it, it's not possible to have it work with two different URLs, it's only going to cause more problems.