MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
michaeltang.net/forum
forum.michaeltang.net
I think the problem is that you may be using one URL for the forum and the other for the ACP - you'll have to choose one and stick to that because unless I'm very much mistaken the same cookie settings won't cover both.

michaeltang.net/forum
Cookie domain: .michaeltang.net
Cookie path: /forum/

forum.michaeltang.net
Cookie domain: .forum.michaeltang.net
Cookie path: /

So choose one, and change your board URL and cookie settings to match.
I picked the second one, and the forum.michaeltang.net is just a subdomain of /forum directory.

So.. I don't know if I can really change it to either..
Some of my members are having a white screen whenever they login to the forum.
More information?? Do you have any form of SEO plugin??
We don't have any SEO plugin installed, I converted from phpBB3 and recently we are having this problem.
Hmm, not the first person to have this issue after a merge...
I think this one is a bug right?
well ive been having this problem for ages now, trouble is its not all the time, some times it all works perfectly and other times people cant log in.
This must be a bug rather than just the settings not being right, its a very odd problem anyway which seems to fix itself for a bit, then a week later without any changes to the board, will go wappy again. Ive even disabled my cookie handling now to see if that will make a difference. The problem seems to be mostly when using IE, i guess the board was tested using IE too when it was being coded, so i havent a clue how to keep it stable for users using IE. i could tell everybody to use FF i suppose, but not everybody like that browser Undecided
No, it isn't a bug. Can we have a link to your forum and a test account??