MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks helped a lot
Hello .The numbers of people in my site said that they have had problem since i upgraded my site to 1.4.4. I think i have done the best ,Choosing right permission for setting.php and set proper setting for cache . I want to know Is there any thing that i should have done?
Well, if you give us your URL, we can tell you... Rolleyes And have you only just upgraded to 1.4.4...??
The URl is : http://www.forum.manvatoo.com . Currently we use the last version of mybb 1.4.8
See if temporarily removing the extra javascript you've added to the headerinclude template fixes it.
I was trying to stop my BB from asking for my login details every time I did something becos it wouldn't keep my changes (cookies directories are incorrect). Did everything as per help files etc. Then I noticed I had lost all of my members. So I logged out, rebooted, tried to log in again and I can't. It only says "Hello There, Guest". It won't let me log in. This is the second time I've had this problem. First time, I reinstalled my BB. This time, I either ask for help and hope this doesn't happen again or find another BB to use. I'd rather stay here but if I HAVE to I will change to phpBB.

Please can someone help? Huh My Forum is www.johnfarnham.com/forum

Thank you

Kylie
All three settings are wrong. This is what you have:

var cookieDomain = ".www.johnfarnham.com";
var cookiePath = "www.johnfarnham.com/forum/";
var cookiePrefix = "JFforum";

Needs to be:

Cookie domain: .johnfarnham.com
Cookie path: /forum/
Cookie prefix: leave it blank.

Don't know where you got your cookie path from, or why you have a cookie prefix, but nevermind, that's what you need to set them to. Where did you get these settings from?? There's no way the installer would have put those in, if you leave what the installer gives you as it is, probably wouldn't have happened.... change them in settings.php, clear your browser's cookie, edit them in the ACP.
Yes I know. But I can't log in. It's ignoring my user name and password so I can't get in to change anything. When I could get it, it wouldn't save anything.
As the first post clearly says, edit them in settings.php, then edit them in the ACP...
Sorry Matt. I got disconnected and didn't realise and part of your post didn't show up and I didn't realise it.

Thank you. That has fixed the problem :o)