MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, i am still having the same issue and have tried everything in your post and many others but still same issues. Here it is:
two separate installs
www.my3bc.com/mbb
www.compu-wise.com/mybb
top one does not work on login but the bottom one does. I can login in and out over and over on the bottom test site, the production site, the top one, no.
I have two isp's so i tried it on a different isp and it worked once, then i switched back and no go. however the bottom site i can switch back and forth and can login on both isp's equally. I have three computers side by side and I can login on one or could at one time when i had it set on grandecom, but could not on the other two on road runner. i could on all three when logging into compuwise. So i know it is not a browswer issue or cookies cause i can login to the compuwise.

I hope someone has an idea what is going on.

thanks
pingram
I made the changed to the settings.php and then back to the admin config general and saved. Am able to login now. thanks everybody.
pingram
Dear MyBB,

I cannot log in my own forum under any of my two identities. More and more members are complaining about this problem and in each case I followed your instructions, but, is there a way in which I can no longer have this problem? I never had problems in the original version Sad
More important, how can I log in?

Au

http://www.ndet.org/foro/
Is ./inc/settings.php CHMOD to 666??
(2009-04-20, 11:55 AM)Aurora HumarĂ¡n Wrote: [ -> ]Dear MyBB,

I cannot log in my own forum under any of my two identities. More and more members are complaining about this problem and in each case I followed your instructions, but, is there a way in which I can no longer have this problem? I never had problems in the original version Sad
More important, how can I log in?

Au

http://www.ndet.org/foro/

Looking at your page source you may want to change
cookieDomain = ".ndet.org"; to ".www.ndet.org"
cookiePath = "/foro/";

I had similar issues on my site and resolved it by adding the www to the cookieDomain where the cookiePath contained an actual value other than /.

Be sure this is changed from the admin configuration interface if you are able to log in.

Good luck
(2009-04-09, 09:10 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You probably don't need the www in your cookie domain.

hey i tryed this... there are still users with problems...
Tell them to clear their cookies and make sure seting.php is CHMOD to 666. If all that's right, no reason why it shouldn't be working.
This thread is far too long and with no apparent cures on this issue.

I can't get past this cookie issue either.
Done the www.dennistt.net/mybb/cookiesettings.php and adjusted my settings.php (chmod 666) went into myphp and changed the settings table for the cookies to meet the "www.dennistt.net/mybb/cookiesettings.php" results. SO - I had it as .www.xxxx.com and .xxx.com both give the the same problems.

Why did I go to myphp? Because I am not familiar enough with ACP to tolerate hunting for the cookie settings change field as each click I do in ACP I must LOG IN again!

This is my first time downloading this program. I wanted less loaded forum (had phpBB with so many options I didn't want: chat eg)... But I must say, IF the previous versions of your program worked, you put out this newest version WAY too soon.

I am shopping for another board. I would not recommend this board. There seems to be a great lack of support for this issue on an early release. At best this version is pre-Beta. (have John Q Public download and test your software).

Very POOR.
What are you talking about?? How is there not a 'cure'?? Everything you could need is in the first post of this thread and if it isn't working, you're doing something wrong. And as it says in the first post, you can edit settings.php, you don't need to go into phpMyAdmin at all. And how is it pre-beta?? It's been out for over 8 months. How does the fact that you have a simple login issue when most other people are fine mean the software is pre-beta?? 99.9% of the time, when people have cookie issues, it's because they've changed them when they don't know what they're doing and they mess it up. So many people have come in here saying that it's a bug, that it's our fault, that their settings are fine, saying we're wrong, and then I see that their cookie settings are completely incorrect, I tell them what they should be, and it works.

What's you URL??
I don't believe my exact problem has been addressed here, please bare with me if I'm causing repetition.
Upon attempting to log in to my Mybb forum, I enter a valid username and password and get the message that I have been successfully logged in as "example". Then, I get returned to the exact screen I originated from. In other words, at the top left, it STILL reads "welcome, Guest". this has happened while trying to log is Admin, as well as other users with various permissions levels. It has happened from two different machines (one Windows machine and one OS X machine) at two completely different locations.

MyBB version 1.4
URL www.defeatreid.com
Yes, it's the exact same issue as what everyone else has and the answer is in the first post.

Remove the .www from your cookie domain.