MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have to log in after any thing, click on ACP link anything.

Have all the cookies set right, CHMOD the inc/settings.php file, I'm lost.
forum

This is the second Mybb forum i have installed and had some problem on first forum install but was able to resolve that one via help from this thread.

**UPDATE**
Think I fixed it.. had to use cookier prefixes ;(
(2009-08-15, 07:02 PM)ghostdlr Wrote: [ -> ]One of my moderators complaint yesterday he cannot login . I also tried logging in from his account and it didn't worked. I deleted it and he created a new one .

But today , an administrator complains about the same thing and I don't know what to do .

I have Mybb 1.4.8 . My forum is http://forum.robattle.net .

Sounds like exactly the same problem I'm having. No one wants to help me though...

I'm just upset that if I switch software I'll lose all my Google indexed pages.
Can anyone help ?

Cookie settings are set up fine . I can login with my account but cannot with his .

Sounds like exactly the same problem I'm having....
It is a great thing. I am really got happy over the member of this forum. It is very helpful for me as a new member to get out from this problems. This gives me more idea to think very well in the login an logout problems. Thanks for everyone who is contributing in this work.
Ok, thought I fix my issues yesterday (nope didn't post it in here, just rebuild mybb since I tried all the fixes and figured it was a plugin)

Ver 1.4.8

www.cincinnatiairsoft.com/forum

Cookie Domain: .cincinnatiairsoft.com
Cookie Path: /forum/

Deleted and let rebuild settings.php

I can log into ACP, but can't log out of the forum, and no one else can log in. I just rebuilt the site again and figured it was a plugin the last time, but after reading 47 pages here I figure it is something just odd.

Login: test
PW: testing

Plugins:
Akismet
PM on registration
tufat Chat

I also got a complaint that he was not seeing the CAPTCHA, so figured the file needed to be updated, but haven't done so yet, just turned it off till I hear that it does need to be done.

Any help will be grateful....
I notice when I try to log in to your site I get this error message that I attached below. Are you able to switch back to the mybb theme?
You'll need to reupload global.lang.php to fix that.
Switched back to the mybb theme and same issue... I will try to reupload the global.lang.php

but since I have added:
$l['toplinks_chat'] = "Chat";
$l['toplinks_whoinchat'] = "Who's in Chat";

Can I add this back for my chat?
Ok... update, after reuploading the global.lang.php it works with the mybb theme.

What about adding my chat and who's in chat back? what did I do wrong that caused this?
Also changed back to my theme (the RedKing theme) and it still works... but again suggestions on my added lines?
I would say add it and if you have the problem then you know that is the problem.
The error was probably caused because you edited the file in notepad, if you use a file editor other than notepad, it should be fine.
I thought of that, but didn't use Notepad, I used the editor within filezila, unless that is a notepad type editor, it which case I will use J Edit instead.