MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quoted from first post...

(2008-12-17, 07:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you are still having trouble, please tell us your URL. If you still have a problem but only say 'I still have a problem' but give no URL, we cannot help you in any way at all.

...??
Hello thanks for the advice. But i still am having trouble with people being able to login from a handful of accounts.

I can personally login fine and most account can. But ever more there are is an increasing amount of accounts who just get taken to the member.php page after typing in the user and password and thus an endless circle.

Iv followed all steps suggested in this thread and also i have tryed loging into there accounts for them on multipul browsers but i fail. I can login fine to my account as i just said.

The problem still carries on after changing the password....

Im totally baffled by this problem as many of these accounts are used daily with no problem....

please pm me once a reply to this has been made and i will thus check this forum
What does it say in the first post and the one above yours??

There is literally nothing we can do without a URL, and in this case, having a test account. You haven't merged at any point, have you?? Modified anything?? Templates?? Files?? Plugins??
www.forums.tritec.uk.to is my url I can't login.
Have you even read the first post?? Undecided You haven't got any cookie settings really, doesn't look like you've even tried to fix it.

Your cookie domain needs to be forums.tritec.uk.to
I dont know if this is a rtfm question but ill take a shot.

I have the forums setup on a domain called www.domain1.com. My cookie settings are correct and me and all users are working great. The problem is I own another domain name called www.domain2.com and that also points to my forums. If a user comes in on domain2, I do have cookie issues since it is set for domain1.

Is there any way to fix this? It really is not a big deal, the domain2 is set to expire and most if not all of my users have updated to domain1. (I Hope)

If you would like the links and a test account, let me know.

Thanks Smile
(2009-03-31, 04:23 PM)sbrum Wrote: [ -> ]I dont know if this is a rtfm question but ill take a shot.

I have the forums setup on a domain called www.domain1.com. My cookie settings are correct and me and all users are working great. The problem is I own another domain name called www.domain2.com and that also points to my forums. If a user comes in on domain2, I do have cookie issues since it is set for domain1.

Is there any way to fix this? It really is not a big deal, the domain2 is set to expire and most if not all of my users have updated to domain1. (I Hope)

If you would like the links and a test account, let me know.

Thanks Smile

Are you saying you maintain to identical boards on two different domains and one is set to expire and you are not going to renew? If that is true want don't you put a friend redirection or we have moved page on the domain that is about to expire and let your users know to update their bookmarks.
You can't easily have a cookie domain for different URLs like that without a modification... it's floating around these forums somewhere.
(2009-03-31, 04:28 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can't easily have a cookie domain for different URLs like that without a modification... it's floating around these forums somewhere.

You are correct... took me a while to find it.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44931.html

I decided to redirect domain2 to a page that tells people to update links...

Thanks
Hi, everything was going great but some how i have developed this error. I realised i couldn't log out of the board. It said i was logging out but kept me logged in. I rather stupidly cleared my browser cookies in ie7 and can't log in at all now. I do have ftp access to the root folders etc.

I did look at the cookie path and it should be correct.

My url is http://kmhh-clan.co.uk

Heres a screenie of the error i get when i WAS logged in ...

[attachment=13336]

No i can't get in i get this ...

[attachment=13340]

Will i have to re install and if so is there any way i can save my general posts and threads ?

Thanks