MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Then the path would have to be /somedir/forums/ wouldn't work with anything else. Work your other software around the correct MyBB settings, rather than trying to change the MyBB settings so the other software accepts them, if you see what I mean. The scope of support here would only be getting MyBB working, not to get it working with an external script also having to use them.
Alrighty then. I thought shortening the path is supposed to mean the cookies will work for that dir as well as ones below it, I guess I don't understand it properly.

Thanks for answering anyway. =)
(2009-12-23, 05:26 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]@Eagle747 you can find your version number in ./inc/class_core.php, this was a bug a few months ago, I'd be surprised if you still have it. Either way, make sure your member_login template is default.

Version is 1.4.4 which is probably the problem. Is there any way to upgrade it without having the admin password?

I've tried but it is now asking for my password during the setup phase.
Undecided

How are you running a version over a year old?? There's been hundreds of bug fixes since then and some extremely important security updates... not sure how people manage to not upgrade for so long.

You can login to the upgrade fine as it doesn't have this CAPTCHA step that's causing the issue now. Your password is probably fine but because your templates are out of date you can't enter the CAPTCHA to continue. This is a good example of why you should always follow upgrade instructions properly, the release notes for 1.4.4 said to revert the member_login template to default, which would have prevented your original issue happening.
(2010-01-15, 08:16 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You can login to the upgrade fine as it doesn't have this CAPTCHA step that's causing the issue now.

The upgrade does ask for the password and it would not accept my previous password. I had to request a new password, but this function would not work until I deleted the install folder. Once I deleted that folder it issued a new password that worked. Since the install folder was gone I could not complete the setup, but the forum appears to work anyway except for a few missing images. Other than that good to go with the new version.

(2010-01-15, 08:16 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]This is a good example of why you should always follow upgrade instructions properly, the release notes for 1.4.4 said to revert the member_login template to default, which would have prevented your original issue happening.

1.4.4 was the original install, not an upgrade.
If the upgrade didn't complete then you're not properly upgraded... what step of the upgrade did it get to?? Did you choose 1.4.4 from the list??
(2010-01-15, 08:29 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If the upgrade didn't complete then you're not properly upgraded... what step of the upgrade did it get to?? Did you choose 1.4.4 from the list??

The only thing I was able to do was overwrite all the forum files with the latest version. I was not able to start the upgrade process at all since it requires a password from the beginning.

I guess if it starts having problems I can overwrite everything again and now that I have a proper password I can go through the upgrade process normally.
You can't leave it like that, you'll have even more problems, it has to be run, this is a big upgrade you're doing. If you can login to the forum now, run the upgrade script.
alright. I'll have to copy over the files again.
No you won't, if you've got the 1.4.11 files that's fine, as long as you used the full package. Also take a database backup in the ACP or phpMyAdmin before you run it.