MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im still having problems with this.
Your forum is still in an iframe. I have no idea how you've set your forum up so I can't tell you how to undo it.
I'm having some login/logout problems.
I created a php application that uses the mybb users and login system, after reading a tutorial about integrating your script with mybb on this forum. However, I was not logged in on that script until I changed the cookie path to "/" from "/forum". Now, I can login in that application, I can login on the forum but the admin cp keeps kicking me out and asks me to login after every page. If I change the cookie path back to /forum solves the problem but then I won't be able to log on into what I created. Also, there are users that can't login and couldn't even do it before, when I had the original cookie path.

I have the forum installed in the "forum" directory, my php application in another directory and I'm running mybb 1.4.8. My forum url is http://animezup.com/forum and I'm using Opera 10.10

Can anyone help me with this?
Cookie path needs to be /forum/

And why are you running 1.4.8?? It's six months old and you're missing out on security fixes here...
I didn't really had the time for the update.
If I set the cookie path to /forum/, how will I be able to integrate other stuff with mybb?
I don't know, that isn't within the scope of our support, that is what the setting should be. Integration should work fine if done properly as that is the correct setting to have... plus upgrading should take no more than 10 minutes, I'm sure you'd rather spend 10 minutes updating that get hacked, and I'm sure you've had 10 minutes free in the last 6 months...
My login problems are solved, but I cant log out.
To log out I must use a plugin which adds an option to force user to logout on their profile for admins... This is the only way I can log out.

Help... http://www.apc-home.co.cc/forum
(also running latest 1.4.10
1.4.10 isn't the latest, 1.4.11 is...

Cleared your browser cookies?? Can we have a test account??
Hmm, a member of mine is complaining that he is receiving all of the symptoms outlined in this thread after I fixed the problem for myself. It works fine for me, but he is experiencing it. Any ideas why it's only a problem for him?
Literally nothing we can do for you without your URL and a test account.