MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, just to share something odd with everyone. I have this problem all of a sudden and I tried all the cookie settings stated in the thread. I also re-download all the files stated in the thread and ensure all the chmod are set correct. The other funny thing is that I start to get SSL error msg while accessing some sites and one of my online mmorpg games doesn't work. I tried to d/l the certificate and it simply won't apply (ie downloaded but it keeps asking me to download again). I also notice the certificate date is meant for some date in 2009 to 2010. So out of curiousity I change my system (window) date to my surprise it's changed to 2016! I don't who change it as I was away for the past 3 days. Anyway once I change the date back to current, everything is resolved so those of you who have this problem recently and unable to resolve it after trying everything above, you may wanan try to change your window date. Smile
Sorry this won't work. I am trying to login and I have everything correct, but it won't go succesfully, im still logged out even though it says "Congratulations, you are being logged in" w.e. I will not use this forum any longer, as I thought from the beginning, it's really bad. PHPBB or vBulletin forum, that's the forum life.
It looks that I have the same problem, I can't login to the ACP since this morning. If I do so, it seems that everyting went right, bud then "welcome guest" appears.

If I try another account I have the same problem. So it looks that nobody can login to the forum. If I want to make a new account (register) there is no CAPTCHA-picture.

Does anybody knows what to do? I read this whole discussion, my setting.php is 666, I deleted al the cookies etc......

Cookie domain is: .wageral.nl ; cookie path is: /grieksetv-forum/

This is the URL: http://www.wageral.nl/grieksetv-forum/

I hope somebody want to / can help me...... Huh

Ger
You don't need the .www in the cookie domain, and for the captcha, it's the language pack, it works OK with the English language selected, but breaks with the Dutch, someone else has the same problem with a custom language pack, unsure of the specific cause though.
(2009-05-19, 04:03 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need the .www in the cookie domain, and for the captcha, it's the language pack, it works OK with the English language selected, but breaks with the Dutch, someone else has the same problem with a custom language pack, unsure of the specific cause though.

(there was no www in de cookies domain, just .wageral.nl , is that how it shoot be?)

You're right again Rolleyes it was the dutch langpack. I re-uploaded the dutch package and the problem is gone.......

I just really don't know why this problem appear; i did'nt change anything Confused

Thanks again,

Ger
(2009-05-19, 04:28 PM)wageral Wrote: [ -> ](there was no www in de cookies domain, just .wageral.nl , is that how it shoot?)

It's showing in the source code, so if it isn't there in the settings, just save the settings and it should update.
I just updated to Mbb 1.4.6 from 1.4.4 and I am experiencing login errors (see below)[Image: aaaa.jpg]
When I login I get the message on the next page.
I have trried "cookies" "CMODE of settings" Looked in the Php Admin for the file stated in the pic and I am stumped.

After I upgraded I also had a problem with who's on line.
[Image: bbbb.jpg]
It shows Unknown instead of the location, which showed before upgrade.

I suspect a database error but I am a dummy on tec problems.

The site is avhidesert.com if you want to try the problem.
E-mail is [[email protected]][email protected][/email]
Can any body come up with a fix.

I am close to deleting the whole mess and closing the site.
There's loads of threads on both of these topics. To fix the first one, upgrade again and choose 1.4.3 from the list, looks like you didn't upgrade to 1.4.4 properly. There's a sticky in this forum on how to fix the Unknown Location issue too.
Thanks I will give it a try.
Can you give me a push in the right direction on the "unknown Location"
It's the thread straight after this one Undecided

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-48649.html