MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You would be able to login the admincp if the cookie settings were wrong and if it kept bringing you to the login page then it would be cookie settings.
Have you tried a different browser. I was having a similar problem in firefox, switched to safari and it was fine.

Then upgraded firefox to the latest edition.
Hi, I tried each of the tips in the beginning of the thread and none of them worked. its weird, i can use my blackberry to login in the admin CP, and it allows me to make changes. but, not from my computer running IE-8. I keep getting new login screen everytime.

my url is www.tiffanyhoa.com/MYBB
Try clearing your cache. You can do this through Tools >> Internet Options.
It might also help to clear your cookies (as well as the cache).
Remove the .www from the cookie domain.
(2009-07-28, 10:31 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the .www from the cookie domain.

I tried that, but it was what the install had originally pu t in the cookie domain so I changed it back.
I just changed it again to remove the .www, and I also cleared cache and cookies again...still it didnt work...

any other suggestions?
Are you sure settings.php is CHMOD to 666?? Tried downloading/deleting settings.php to let it regenerate??
I did that as well...nothing worked and its very frustrating...I have spent hours and hours. any other last ditch thoughts?
also many times i get this message at the login screen
...Your IP address is not valid for this session...
then it asks me to login. Is this part of the same problem or a whole different issue?

Thanks,
John
Um, possibly an auto-ban, seeing as it banned you on your computer but not your phone, and it's giving you the IP error. Do you have akismet enabled?