MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2009-03-02, 08:38 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]If not, details of a 'broken' account??

It'll need to be tested then.

Right now there's only 2 known bugs with logging in. One is after merging, one is fixed with that link I gave. If I can have the login details of an account that's broken, I can see first hand what's happening.
Im having the same issue as a few here, but I found a solution that might or might not work for everyone.

History: Installed 1.2 and merged a vbulletin 3.6, then updated to 1.4.4.

Problem: The admin account that i created on the 1.2 install was working fine until yesterday when I tried to login and it just pushed me to a blank page with the link title of: site/forums/member.php. Clearing cache or going to another pc didnt help.

I read this and another thread to verify that my cookie setting were correct and they are. I didnt upload the modified member.php in another thread as of yet.... did some poking around first.

What I found: I took a look at this admin account in the database and even tried to erase the loginkey field thinking it would reset the cookie. This had no effect making me think the setting were correct.

Next I moved down and found a field called loginattempts with a value of 4. This seemed out of place so I set it to 0 and tried to login again. This seemed to fix the issue. So i moved this number back to 4 and the login issues started again. So I tried 1, 2 and 3 and that seemed to allow logins. Anything at or above 4 would push the login to a blank member.php site.

I have no idea why this number would be at 4 in the first place since i do not remember any failed logins. I do though test in different browsers and dont always logout in between.
My users' are saying that they try to login, but they can't.
They are all using the right username and password.

74.70.87.121/pivotears

Don't yell at me because it says IP.
I wasn't supposed to buy anything this week :p

My cookie settings are correct.
What's wrong?

MyBB version: 1.4.4
Cookie settings:

/pivotears/

Sad

Solved

They were using google chrome.
Can't logot

http://www.vitz-omsk.com/index.php

login: tester
pass: tester

Cookie Domain: .vitz-omsk.com
Cookie Path: /
leealex, your forum just loads a blank white page.
that was because of "Online Today Mod" I desabled it for now and i'm able to logout but my board doesn't remember me now Sad everyday I have to login again an again Sad
Well have you ticked the box in the UCP to save the details??
yeah! that was the reason Smile thank you very much!
Hello,
my site is in great problem. Users can't log in. When they try to log in, they are asked to fill captcha. But captcha wont show.

According to you, I set Cookie Domain as .www.gsmdinajpur.com ( it was .gsmdinajpur.com).

Now users wont log out. And in Admin CP, Admins have to pur username/password in every click. Admin cant save anything, cause almost every click leads to Admin Login window.

Please show some light.
You clearly didn't search for a solution. Use this to solve the captcha issue: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid279706

I must have given this link 40 times now.

(2009-03-13, 01:11 PM)almamun Wrote: [ -> ]According to you, I set Cookie Domain as .www.gsmdinajpur.com ( it was .gsmdinajpur.com).

No, it says it's occasionally needed. You probably do not need the .www in the domain. Edit it in settings.php and then the ACP.