MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think FileZilla opens files in notepad, there's a setting somewhere to choose what editor it uses. WordPad or Notepad++ should be fine.
WOW you guys are good.... not sure why anyone is complaining... I will use J Edit from now on and forget the editor in filezilla, it seems to be working great again.

By the way, I really like MYBB this is 100% better than another bulletin board I assist with... no names mentioned.
Also, Matt you are correct I just checked and Filezilla opens everything in Notepad... Dang I hope I haven't geeked up and other files. Guess I will know soon enough.
I am having a login issue.

Board: http://www.gamingzion.net/forum/index.php

I can login to the admin page so there is no issue with cookies.

I've created a new user and can login to that new account with no problems.

I've changed the password to attempt again with no luck.

I have backed up and deleted the settings.php file from the server and it has regenerated. Cleared cookies, no luck.

What's wrong?
Nope.

I've read through this thread and still am unable to stay logged in.

Setup: MyBB installed on -
Windows 2003 SP2/IIS6
PHP 5.2.1
MySql
MyBB install on C: drive.

This BB will be used internally only. My issue seems to be that I need to make changes to the email seeting to use my local smtp server and otherr small adjustments but I am unable to save changes to the database using the admin functionality as each time I alter a setting and click the "Save Changes" button, I am returned to the log in page and no changes are saved.

In the settings.php file, cookiedomain is set to .hgforums and cookiepath is set to "/".

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Chris
@chris.johnson .hgforums isn't a full cookie domain, it needs the .com bit, or whatever your URL has at the end.
@AussieJay......
There's an admin login problem if you make a board with eastern char as your username
When I created my board with anonymus-萃香 as the admin I can't login to my forum
I asked for password and it appears that my username is changed into anonymus- & # 3 3 7 9 5 ; & # 3 9 3 2 1 ; (without the space)

I have to manually edit the username in the admin cpanel to make it normal again
The forum is http://agregat.net16.net/Forum/
(2009-08-28, 07:10 AM)anonymus-萃香 Wrote: [ -> ]There's an admin login problem if you make a board with eastern char as your username
When I created my board with anonymus-萃香 as the admin I can't login to my forum
I asked for password and it appears that my username is changed into anonymus- & # 3 3 7 9 5 ; & # 3 9 3 2 1 ; (without the space)

I have to manually edit the username in the admin cpanel to make it normal again
The forum is http://agregat.net16.net/Forum/

Actually, an administrator can change their username from UserCP.
Now that you mention it

Anyway, the point is that it will change the username which can be annoying
Just to let you guys now
Need help still Big Grin