MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Open ./inc/languages/english/global.lang.php and make sure there's nothing before the <?php at the top, or upload a fresh copy.
Thanks for the reply I did that but still an error ?

I have checked all the files concerned for white spaces but there is none.
This is not fixed, at least for me it isn't..

Fresh copy of Mybb 1.4.4 with a fresh member.php and here is what happens:

I failed my login the first time due to an incorrect password, and had to wait 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes when I try logging in again it is asking me this:

Quote:Please fill out the image verification code to continue the login process. Please enter the code exactly how it appears in the image.

However no captcha or verification image appears or is showing up on the login page, also the {$captcha} is already in the member_login template so that isn't my problem..
Yes, it's a 1.4.4 bug, you need the file in the thread that's linked to in the first post.
Thanks, it worked..

I apologize, I was under the assumption that this bug had already been fixed in Mybb 1.4.4.
Huh

I am once again experiencing problems with logging in and out of my site.

Since the indication is that there may be an issue with the cookies (my users are experiencing all sorts of weird issues) I reviewed the cookies, etc to be sure that they are set correctly. Since the 1st april (I am sure co-incidental) Firefox stopped working correctly. I reapplied my templates and that sorted the formatting issue. However, the users are now unable to log into or out of the site. The message indicates that the action has been completed normally. However, nothing happens and they return to the page they came from still logged in (I suppose not a bad thing) or as a guest.

The site is www.hybrid-synergy.eu. If all else fails you were at least able to log in from the portal page (http://www.hybrid-synergy.eu/portal.php) but that is also no longer possible. By all means feel free to create a user to test with - I will clear up later.

I would dearly appreciate some help on this.
What's settings.php CHMOD to?? Should be 666.
(2009-04-04, 11:23 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What's settings.php CHMOD to?? Should be 666.

The settings are 666. to be sure I changed it again.
the problem persists.
(2009-04-04, 03:57 PM)Lily Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-04-04, 11:23 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What's settings.php CHMOD to?? Should be 666.

The settings are 666. to be sure I changed it again.
the problem persists.

Please take a look at the following site:

www.hybrid-synergy.eu/hybridforum
Be my guest and do whatever you need to do to diagnose the issue.

This is a test environment I am using before rolling out to my production site.

This test environment is behaving exactly the same as my production environment. Also note that this environment has no plugins enabled.

There is also the additonal issue that the links from the pages do not work. For example the lastpost or when you look at the latest new posts.
I downloaded and uploaded the patch given - it has worked great, displayed captcha image, image verification code and everything. Solved member log in problems.

Now there is new problem: Log in attempts are shown captcha image but when typing in verification code exactly as it appears, error says you typed in the wrong code. It gives a new image and when you type it in exactly as it appears, it gives same error. I was able to log on correctly after waiting 15 minutes.

Has anyone else had this error?

**brought over from bug fix thread
Hello, i've a login issue in the acp... Sad
i've set the settings.php correctly (http://www.lemony.altervista.org/forum/ so the cookies are: .lemony.altervista.org) but when i try to edit them in the acp i can't login.. i've already cleaned my cookies and the chmod of settings.php is 666

what should i do? plz help