MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You've still got other errors, your board currently isn't working at all, you'll need to fix that first.
(2010-03-06, 05:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You've still got other errors, your board currently isn't working at all, you'll need to fix that first.

http://www.fpsharepoints.com/Upload

Regards, Muneeb ul haq
OK, if those cookies aren't working, make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666, and make sure your browser is accepting cookies, and that you've cleared them.
I had problems with logging out in firefox, i tried all stuff like cleaning cookies, check the settings, clean cache but it kept nagging me.

So i went to investigate the login / logout file.

What i noticed was :

When a user logs in, these 2 lines in members.php are run
		my_setcookie("mybbuser", $user['uid']."_".$user['loginkey'], null, true);
		my_setcookie("sid", $session->sid, -1, true);

now what i did was changed the true state of both into a false state like
		my_setcookie("mybbuser", $user['uid']."_".$user['loginkey'], null, false);
		my_setcookie("sid", $session->sid, -1, false);

and voila, my problems regarding to firefox where solved, some research towards the my_setcookie function gave me this info

my_setcookie
void my_setcookie( string $name, [string $value = ""], [int $expires = ""], [boolean $httponly = false])

[line 1483]

MyBB setcookie() wrapper.
Parameters

* string $name - The cookie identifier.
* string $value - The cookie value.
* int $expires - The timestamp of the expiry date.
* boolean $httponly - True if setting a HttpOnly cookie (supported by IE, Opera 9, Konqueror)

Maybe someone has something on this info to solve their problems Smile

at least my forums work fine now on both IE8 + FF 3.6 i can logout without staying logged in !
still facing problem, after sometime automatically session out ....
I can login and logout just fine in Firefox with no modifications needed... if what you're saying is correct this would also affect Chrome, which it doesn't.

(2010-03-06, 07:18 PM)themulhaq Wrote: [ -> ]still facing problem, after sometime automatically session out ....

And you've done everything I said above?? PM me admin login details...
(2010-03-06, 07:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I can login and logout just fine in Firefox with no modifications needed... if what you're saying is correct this would also affect Chrome, which it doesn't.

(2010-03-06, 07:18 PM)themulhaq Wrote: [ -> ]still facing problem, after sometime automatically session out ....

And you've done everything I said above?? PM me admin login details...

But Mr. Matt there is problem with Admin Login, not with normal user, in ACP i have these issues, logout automatically, i follow all instruction but still same.
I just logged in, logged out, clicked around, it was fine. It's a problem on your end.

However seeing as you have once again changed the MyBB Powered By message, you're being denied support. You changed it before, then changed it back to what it should be when I mentioned it above in post #683, now you've changed it back again, so you cannot get any more support here.
I'm sorry for this it was request for website owner. i will replace this * ......
i removed it already, Matt ..... and now it is not going to change
As I said just above, it worked fine for me, so the forum settings are fine, it's something on your end. Make sure your browser is accepting cookies, clear cookies, try another browser.