MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks man really worked
Ok, so I went into settings.php and changed it to .rpkingdom.com which is my new domain I just attached to the forum today. I changed my forum domain to rpkingdom.com but forgot to change the cookie settings in the ACP. Now, the forum is messed up, and when I try to change the Board Settings, I constantly get logged out and it doesn't save the changes. I tried changing the settings.php back to .lynnis.oxyhost.com like it was originally, but now I get the same problem.
Simply change them in the file and then in the ACP straight after, like it says, and you won't have a problem.
I did change it in the file, but forgot to in the ACP. And now when I try to change the cookie settings in the ACP I get logged out everytime and cannot change the settings.
Yes, so change them in the file again. If they're right in the file, try clearing your cookies.
Ok, I changed the settings.php file to the correct cookie settings (.rpkingdom.com) and changed my board URL in the ACP to rpkingdom.com. I then cleared my cookies in both IE and Firefox, and whenever I try to edit the cookie settings in the ACP, I get logged out constantly. So even after resetting the settings.php file, and clearing cookies, I still cannot change the ACP settings due to being logged out whenever I try to access a page, or submit new settings. Confused

The error I get in the ACP when it signs me out of the ACP is:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/oxyhost.com/l/y/n/lynnis/htdocs/inc/settings.php:1) - Line: 51 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.1.6 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php 51 header
Make sure there's nothing before the <?php, if there is, remove it, and if that doesn't solve it, delete the file.
I am having a log in related problem. the kicker is it only effects one user.

My site is
www.simplesurvival.us/forums.
MyBB Version 1.4.4

plug ins
Board Copyright (1.0)
Ads after first post (2.2)
Akismet (1.2.1)
Akismet
Easy Affiliates (1.5) not active
Edit Reason (1.0)
Email about new members (2.0.0)
Force Users To Read Threads (2.0) not active
Adsense Ads. on Forumdisplay (1.0)
Hide Images from Guests (1.0)
Hide Links to Guests (1.0)
Quick Ignorelist (1.0)
Login Password Conversion (1.0)
Miss You Email (1.0.0)
Multiple reputations (2.0)
My Ad Manager (1.1.4)
My Awards (1.2)
MyIPN (2.2)
MyIPN Paypal Subscription
MyPayPal (1.2)
PM On Registration (1.2.0)
Reported Posts Message (1.0)
Reputation Manager (1.2)
Restricted private messages (2.0)
Search Log (1.0)
Side Boxes! (3.0)
Social Sharing Button (1.0)
SpiceFuse Shoutbox (1.1 Beta 1)
Thank you (2.0)

I have had the site up and running for quite a while. This user has been able to log in before. starting about two weeks ago he went to log in. and could not. He puts in his username and password and then gets sent to a white screen. I have been able to duplicat it on my end as well. I have set up test accounts with the same setting he has and they log in just fine. I have checked to make sure IP adress is not on the banned list as well as every thing else that can be banned. Ive tried it in three different browser same thing happens. We have done the cookie clearing til were blue in the face with the same thing accruing. nothing has helped. I am stumped so ime coming to the experts. Please help
Have you merged?? if you have, I put a link to a fix in big letters in the first post.
(2009-03-19, 04:45 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Have you merged?? if you have, I put a link to a fix in big letters in the first post.

Yes I merged but that was months ago every thing has been working for this user up until 2 weeks ago.

So is it common for a problem from the merge to creep up months after the merge is done and all has been working well?