MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yes, I have tried it all.
EDIT: Weird, it worked this time, I tried it yesterday and it didn't work >_>
Hi,

URL: http://www.mdmc.org/forum

This morning I started getting reports that members could not log into their account using IE8, FF or Opera. Chrome users are unaffected.

Nothing has changed on the site that I know of.

Instead of the usual "http://www.mdmc.org/forum/" page IE/FF/Op users are stuck on a blank "http://www.mdmc.org/forum/member.php" page.

I have cleaned the cache/cookies on my IE8 and FF.

I have deleted and settings.php and let it recreate itself & is CHMOD to 666

Cookie settings are:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".mdmc.org";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

Any advice on what I'm missing would be gratefully received.

R/

John Joe
Blank page is something a bit different, have you merged from another forum system at any point??
(2010-02-24, 05:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Blank page is something a bit different, have you merged from another forum system at any point??

Hi Matt,

No. Nothing had changed on the site since the last upgrade to 1.4.11

R/

JJ
i am facing same problem
my url www.hot4m.com/forum

cookies .hot4m.com

Cookie Path /forum/

but i still facing problem to admin panel loging
(2010-02-25, 03:51 AM)luckykhera Wrote: [ -> ]but i still facing problem to admin panel loging

Try using Chrome to get in. All my users using Chrome can access,; those who are not, cannot

R/

JJ
Well.... nothing that I know has changed, same forum for over a year existing users log in fine but when new folks go to registration agreement and "I agree" they (and myself trying) get the blank white page.

Sigh....

I know... I need to upgrade since I am still on 1.4.4 and nice theme working so well. I have been just too busy to spend the many hours I need to learn how to do update etc... have had no problems with 1.4.4 and more of a guru set it up for me orignally. Assume no quick fix other than learn and pray I do update correct.

I wonder if my sever host updated their php version or something, will check (Host for Web) and I am reading the Wiki on upgrading.
(2010-02-25, 03:51 AM)luckykhera Wrote: [ -> ]but i still facing problem to admin panel loging

Cleared your browser cookies??

(2010-02-25, 04:21 AM)davephx Wrote: [ -> ]Well.... nothing that I know has changed, same forum for over a year existing users log in fine but when new folks go to registration agreement and "I agree" they (and myself trying) get the blank white page.

Sigh....

I know... I need to upgrade since I am still on 1.4.4 and nice theme working so well. I have been just too busy to spend the many hours I need to learn how to do update etc... have had no problems with 1.4.4 and more of a guru set it up for me orignally. Assume no quick fix other than learn and pray I do update correct.

I wonder if my sever host updated their php version or something, will check (Host for Web) and I am reading the Wiki on upgrading.

Undecided

It wouldn't take hours if you'd done each upgrade as it came out, they only take about 10 minutes max, and it's a simple process even for a beginner. You theme will not be affected by the upgrade in any major way. You have many problems on 1.4.4, you've got hundreds of bugs which have been fixed, and some serious security issues, anyone could hack your forum today and get admin access, and then do what they want, even though the issue was patched many months ago. Upgrading may not fix this issue but if you're running this version you might as well ask a hacker to hack you. You could have asked for help many times and we would have given it to you, or upgraded for you.
(2010-02-24, 05:55 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Blank page is something a bit different, have you merged from another forum system at any point??

Matt,

We replaced the member.php file with a "clean" one. Still the same.

Any suggestions apart from clean install and restore DB's?

R/

JJ
OK, if you haven't merged and a new member.php hasn't fixed it, what plugins do you have?? Have you edited any files??