MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
do you mean if I changed the cookie domain in the ACP? in that case it doesn't work because the ACP is still not working correctly (always logs out when I click anywhere) -.-
No, that's not what I'm asking. When you edit the settings.php file, and then see it doesn't work, do you then edit the file again and put the old cookie domain back?? Because the setting has never changed from what I can see.

Also you may need to change the cookie path from /forum/ to /Forum/
changing the cookie path did it. I thought that the mybb forum wasn't case sensitive -.-
I'd recommend adding that hint to the innitial post.
Thanks a lot for your help!
It would have been a capital in the installer, did you change it?? If you change it there's nothing we can do about it.
Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with MyBB and I am not sure it's cookie related because I think I have the correct cookie settings but since I had trouble with the "ACP logging out after every action problem" I have my doubts.

I can get into the ACP and click on the main tabs such as
* Home
* Configuration
* Forums & Posts
* Users & Groups
* Templates & Style
* Tools & Maintenance

but anything deeper such as Home > General Configuration when clicked on the forum index will come up even though I still have the General Configuration url in my address bar. The forum index that comes up is missing the new post image if that helps aswell.

I used the cookie generator tool. Also this domain is an addon-domain if that makes a difference.

I have installed MyBB countless times and I have always managed to fix the cookie settings but I just can't crack this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Glen
Nice Work
I forgot to mention that I am using an addon domain, I am not sure if that will make a difference with the cookie settings.
ok so where do i go to change the cookie settings..please

i am using this one i got it from here dunno if there's any plugins for it http://www.createmybb.com/
You can't change the settings on that as you don't have access to your files. If you've changed the settings in the ACP to something wrong you'll need to ask CreateMyBB to fix it.
Hello,

We change our domain from SAMPLE.COM to NEW.SAMPLE.TV domain. Made all the necessary changes to settings.php.

My only problem and still bugging me is this. When admin members makes changes to ACP the settings.php revert back to SAMPLE.COM

Is there a file I need to change where probably (im assuming) that the previous DOMAIN name was stored and need to be replaced?

Appreciate your quick response.

Best REgards
Triplemic