MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not easily, but maybe look at this: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44931.html

Bear in mind that that requires edits to core files - make a note of these changes so you can keep track of them and make them easily again if that file is updated in a future release.
have anyone figured out how to fix this login problem? I've changed chmod for settings to 777/@matt 666 but good no results.
Well what's your URL?? The CHMOD won't make a difference if the settings are still wrong.
hmm, a i think i found a problem. it's just a mybb bug or host bug? after i correct the settings.php, reupload and change the chmod to 777, the file comes back with the same settings before i changed.

for example
1. cookies domain .name.com
2. changed to .www.name.com
3. reupload the settings.php
4. change the chmod to 777
i reopen the settings.php and the cookie domain is back to .name.com ?????

why?
You need to change them in the ACP too. If it changes as soon as you upload it, it's a host issue.
Hi all

I am also having problems with cookies.
I have deleted all cookies in internet options with no luck.

I have two forums www.fixmygps.net/forums (which works fine) and www.fixmygps.net/firefighter (which is the one I am having trouble with)

I tried to run the portal in firefighter and since then I have had the problems. Huh

I can log into admin and get into "general configuration" and make the changes to prefix (mybb_) and change the "www.fixmygps.net" to ".fixmygps.net". But when I go to "save" I have to log in again and the changes have not been saved. Sad

I have changed the "members.php" as suggested in another post, but no luck there. Huh

I can pm a log in name and password if required.

Geoff
As it mentions in the first post, remove the .www from the cookie domain, and as it also says in the first post, make the changes in ./inc/settings.php and then in the ACP. You don't need a cookie prefix. And that member.php is not related to cookies in any way whatsoever.
(2009-03-01, 12:10 PM)Mattalan Wrote: [ -> ]As it mentions in the first post, remove the .www from the cookie domain, and as it also says in the first post, make the changes in ./inc/settings.php and then in the ACP. You don't need a cookie prefix. And that member.php is not related to cookies in any way whatsoever.

Note to self:
When Reading "How to fix" Read carefully & slowly

Thanks Matt. I read the /inc/settings.php to quickly, and only the "chmod" sunk in. I edited the changes in Notepad++ and all is solved.

Geoff.
No problem, remember to make and save the changes again in the ACP too, though.
OK now it is my turn. I am having this weird problem too. I've tried everything you guys came up with. My forum is at www.ciegoshaven.com/radio/community. This is what is happening. Yesterday I've logged out as administrator from the board because my forum members have been complaining about not being able to login to the forum after logging out. To my surprise I too could not log back in after logging out. I went to the Admin control panel to see if I can find a problem there but suddenly I got logged out when I click on the configuration tag and had to log back in again. This is strange since this have never happened before. Now I tried to change my password and got logged out again and when I logged back in, the profile page came up where I tried to change the password. Upon trying to save the new password I was logged out of the ACP again. I went back to the forum's login page to log into the forum. Placed my user name and password and got a error saying that my password is incorrect. I decided to use the old password and what do you know the old password worked. The new password did not get save in ACP. After several tries to make this stupid thing work, I came to this support board and found out that a lot of you guys have the same problem. I read through the whole discussion hoping to come up with the answer but nothing here is working. I have changed the cookie setting in setting.php, which was once blank, to cookie domain: www.ciegoshaven.com/radio/community/ and my cookie path is /radio/community/. I have uploaded the settings file to my server and ch modded to 777. Opened my browser (Firefox 3.0.6) and cleared the private data which included the cookies, etc. I've even went as far as closing the browser after I cleared the cookies to see if that will help. Then I went back to the forum to log in but still nothing I get redirected to the member.php page where I am suppose to try an log in again. Then I've decided to go to the ACP and check the configuration page again the cookie info were blank so I tried to put the same information I placed in the setting.php here. I've clicked on the save button but got logged out. I logged back in only to find out that the information did not get save in the configuration page. I've tried several times and have cleared my browser's cookie and cache at each attempt but nothing got saved.

I am fed up with this and have never had this problem before until now. You might say it is not a bug but if several people are having a problem with this then it is a problem that needs some attention.