MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2009-08-12, 12:50 PM)SOULZRIPPER Wrote: [ -> ]Yes,

When I login to acp and then click on any configuration and stuff it takes me to the forums !

Haven't heard of that happening before Undecided
So it takes you to the actual forums and not the ACP login page?
Well here is what happens -

I login to acp -> pick any of the settings option (configuration) and that takes me to the forums homepage !

I can give you login access if you want..
Yeah I'd like to please, I've never seen that happening
Even after reading the posts on problems with login I am still having trouble staying logged into my forum

My url is http://www.l2demented.com/forum/ can you check that url please or do you know what my settings for that should already be?

I've tried making the changes myself but it doesnt want to work.

Thanks in advance for your help
Works fine for me. Try clearing your cache.
(2009-08-12, 04:36 PM)Polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine for me. Try clearing your cache.

tried clearing cache and still have the same problem of having to re login after clicking on any option or panel.

The only thing that I was able to do was add forums and categories.
Anything other than that is impossible to do.

Thanks
What about clearing your cookies, closing your browser and starting again?? If you're sure settings.php is CHMOD to 666, everything on the forum side seems OK so it seems browser related.
(2009-08-12, 05:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What about clearing your cookies, closing your browser and starting again?? If you're sure settings.php is CHMOD to 666, everything on the forum side seems OK so it seems browser related.

Maybe try a different browser if they have not tried that already.
(2009-08-12, 05:25 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-12, 05:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What about clearing your cookies, closing your browser and starting again?? If you're sure settings.php is CHMOD to 666, everything on the forum side seems OK so it seems browser related.

Maybe try a different browser if they have not tried that already.

Thanks!

IE 8 was causing the problem

I installed Firefox and the forum works fine from there.

thanks guys
(2009-02-06, 10:19 AM)Mr Brainz Wrote: [ -> ]Also to double up as you have:

Excuse my vagueness. It's the same problem I posted in that thread a few pages previous. When you try to log in it just sends you back to member.php with no error message. It's the 3rd user that's reported this problem on my board. When they reset the password they still get the same behaviour. When I reset the password in the admin CP they still can't log in and neither can I.

If it's happening on all computers and browsers then it has to be something specific to the username rather than a generic cookie issue, surely?

Would really like to get to the bottom of this as it may deter users.

Just so you know, I'm still having this problem.

The workaround I've been using so far is to create a new account for the user and then merge in their old one. This is the ONLY way I've managed to fix this.

I've been playing with my user table in the DB today. I tried deleting the Salt and Loginkey so they get regenerated by MyBB. When I do this I replicate the problem. When I pasted back in the old original values I was logged back in via the original cookie set. Then when I logged out and tried to log back in I get the problem again: I'm sent to Member.php.

This problem is so prolific I've had to edit my Member.php page to include a message to email me if they believe they haven't forgotten their password.

It's even now happened to my master admin account (MY account) so I can't log in on another other machine where I'm not already logged in via a cookie.

Bad times.

It's making me wonder how easy it is to move to another system like phpBB....

Did this problem ever get solved elsewhere?