MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Setting the correct cookie path fixed it for me.
Hey I dunno whats going on with my forum

robonguitar.co.nz/forum

I can log in and log out but it wont show either unless i clear the browsers cookies and cache, happens on multiple browsers and computers

Also I have to refresh a thread when i load it to show the latest posts, like it doesnt automatically load the latest posts.

Could they be linked? I'm 99% sure its a MyBB issue
Make sure settings.php is CHMOD to 666, clear your cookies again and make sure your browser is accepting them. This is never an issue with MyBB itself, more misconfigurations of MyBB or the browser.
I can't login to the ACP because when I do and go to the next page, I am logged out. And when I do make a change, it doesn't save it.

My browser is accepting cookies but I remember that the settings were removed because another Admin was having trouble logging in.

How can I fix this?

http://traffikr.net/forum/
I take it you didn't read the first post then Sleepy

Set your cookie domain to .traffikr.net and your cookie path to /forum/

Do this in settings.php and then in the ACP.
(2009-05-03, 10:51 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I take it you didn't read the first post then Sleepy

Set your cookie domain to .traffikr.net and your cookie path to /forum/

Do this in settings.php and then in the ACP.

Still not working.
Clear your cookies and try again, and make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666. Not really anything else to go wrong with cookie settings.
(2009-04-22, 09:24 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Tell them to clear their cookies and make sure seting.php is CHMOD to 666. If all that's right, no reason why it shouldn't be working.

tryed this now... still login failures on a few accounts.
Thanks ! Smile Problem solved without opening new thread!
I have to say this was the easiest and most informative Post I have ever read on a support forum. Being new to this board program, I came straight here with an issue and found the answer in the very first post.

Good Job All, this is wonderful. Glad I chose this board for this person.

HeartHeartHeart