MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys I got a little bit of a problem lol

I have currently installed the latest version of my bb on my web server, for some reason I can not login to the forums thought the forums logon section.

If I go to the directory of the admin area I can log in with my details and change settings, but every setting I do/change needs me to log back into it again.

Now from recent posts on here I have followed some of the steps as in delete the settings file, change the cookies in the administration control panel, and I am still getting the same problem.
I have tried to log on to the forums on 2 computers using different browsers and I keep getting the same problem.

Now when I enter the user name and password for a test account on the forums it shows on the bottom bar in the internet explorer that its opening member.php, but it don’t do any thing and it takes me back to the main screen where it shows hello guest.

The test account I have set up is:

Username: stephenroberts
Password: windows

The we address is http://www.pet-book.co.nr

The address to the forum is: http://petbook.sqweebs.com/mybb/

Please help

Thanks

Peter
Your cookie domain needs to be .sqweebs.com or petbook.sqweebs.com, try both.

Once you've put that into settings.php you'll be able to get into the ACP, where you must make the change again.
Helllo Matt.
I still have a problem.
My domain is : http://promotionboards.co.cc/forum
Cookie domain : .promotionboards.co.cc
Cookie Path: /forum/

I did what you said to do.
I also cleared my cookies.
But i still got the same problem
"Your IP address is not valid for this session"
Please i need help.
I think that's because your IP is dynamic and has changed, causing an error... do you get that message in the ACP??
Yes..
I get log out and i get that message Alot
If you reset your router, it should fix it. I'm not 100% sure why this happens, my IP's dynamic and I don't have this issue, but I think that's what's causing it.
OMG!
It worked!
Thank you so much Matt!
THANK YOU THANK YOU!
My one fixed itself when I transferred my site and everything to a new server! Weeeeiiiird! ^_^

So glad though! It makes working on the forum so much easier!!
(2009-09-22, 05:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If you reset your router, it should fix it. I'm not 100% sure why this happens, my IP's dynamic and I don't have this issue, but I think that's what's causing it.

I can't access Admin CP Sad i can log in but if i click any option i need to give username and password again but setting not get changed i have tried to change setting though inc/setting.php but i getting new error.

Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/earningp/public_html/cashchat/inc/settings.php:1) - Line: 51 - File: admin/index.php PHP 5.2.9 (Linux)
File 	Line 	Function
[PHP] 	  	errorHandler->error
/admin/index.php 	51 	header
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/earningp/public_html/cashchat/inc/settings.php:1) - Line: 1541 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 5.2.9 (Linux)
File 	Line 	Function
[PHP] 	  	errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 	1541 	header
/admin/index.php 	210 	my_setcookie
Don't know what other setting i need to do.

my domain name is
http://thecashchat.com

and currently i am accessing admin CP though other root link if u need FTP details i can send u.

and i can't access Admin CP though direct link

i getting this error

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at thecashchat.com Port 80
Waiting for your quick replay.
Looks like you edited the file in notepad... delete the file, click around on the forum for a bit until it gets regenerated, it'll happen eventually. Then edit it in wordpad, not notepad.

There's another sticky thread in this forum for the other problem.