MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2008-12-25, 12:30 PM)Shadow Player Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:(occasionally .www.example.com is needed)

When is that?

To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea. All I know is that on my forum, if I don't have .www at the start, I can't log out, and I know some other people's forums are the same. So I just added it in as it 'seems' to make a difference sometimes.
(2008-12-25, 12:39 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-12-25, 12:30 PM)Shadow Player Wrote: [ -> ]

When is that?

To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no idea. All I know is that on my forum, if I don't have .www at the start, I can't log out, and I know some other people's forums are the same. So I just added it in as it 'seems' to make a difference sometimes.
Weird. I can login and logout just fine on my forums without the .www, the only problem I do have though is on sub-domains.

The . just indicates all subdomains, so .www.domain.com isn't needed. The only reason you aren't able to login MattR is because you have the www, change this:
.www.domain.com

TO

.domain.com

And it will work.
Best Regards.
Nope, when I have it as .domain.com, I can't log out. Seriously, I've tested this so many times, if there's no www, it won't work for me, so I just leave it in because it works.
Link me to your forum, let me take a look. It could possibly be a bug.
(2008-12-26, 05:24 PM)Rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Link me to your forum, let me take a look. It could possibly be a bug.

http://learnmybb.com/ :p sorry Matt..lol
Toungue

Hmm, it seems to be browser related actually. In Safari, it works fine with no www, but in Chrome and IE8, it doesn't, they need the www for it to work properly, even with cleared cookies. Interesting, when I last tested, it never worked without the www...
(2008-12-26, 05:34 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Toungue

Hmm, it seems to be browser related actually. In Safari, it works fine with no www, but in Chrome and IE8, it doesn't, they need the www for it to work properly, even with cleared cookies. Interesting, when I last tested, it never worked without the www...

For some reason, most websites I visit set it to .websitename.com and then the directory(if any) - and the cookies set and unset perfectly fine. Something has to be conflicting...
Yeah I know, 99% of pages I go to have no www, but for some reason, with my site, in Chrome and IE at least, it just won't work... I'm not too fussed, it always works when the www is there so I'll just leave it at that.
(2008-12-26, 05:57 PM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know, 99% of pages I go to have no www, but for some reason, with my site, in Chrome and IE at least, it just won't work... I'm not too fussed, it always works when the www is there so I'll just leave it at that.

That is definitely weird, though. It should work, regardless of the .www being there or not. I wonder if your bburl($mybb->settings['bburl']) has to not have a www, and then the cookies will work.