MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently become webmaster of a website, and the old webmaster can't transfer the forum rights to me for this reason. Every page he loads in the adminCP requires a new login, and changes you make are not saved to the database.

The forum itself works perfectly...

I've tried editing the settings.php, altered it to CHMOD 666 and saved it.
Then I cleared my cookies and went to the adminCP. This still asked me to login in on each click.

I did this and got to the settings page, where the settings are still the old ones (no leading . in domain, no trailing / in forum path)

I changed the values there, but I can't save them, because hitting the save button logs me out and doesn't persist the changes.

I've tried in multiple times, in FF 3.6, IE7 and Chrome, to no avail...

help would be really appreciated.

forum versions are:
MyBB 1.4.8
PHP 5.2.14
SQL: MySQL 5.1.39

The forum is at: http://www.caeruleus.be/forum
the settings in the settings.php are:
$settings['bburl'] = "http://www.caeruleus.be/forum";
$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".caeruleus.be";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "_cf";

(prefix used to be empty, tried setting that aswell, doesn't help)

on the Admin CP page the settings still are:
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "caeruleus.be";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum";

thnx in advance,

Massis
I'd remove the prefix in settings.php, then you need to correct and save the settings again in the ACP again, if the old ones are still there they've not been updated in the database too; if you edit settings.php you have to edit them again in the ACP too.

Also you should upgrade to 1.6, or at least 1.4.14.
(2010-08-31, 06:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'd remove the prefix in settings.php, then you need to correct and save the settings again in the ACP again, if the old ones are still there they've not been updated in the database too; if you edit settings.php you have to edit them again in the ACP too.

Also you should upgrade to 1.6, or at least 1.4.14.

I've removed the prefix, to no avail. As stated before: i can't make changes in the ACP, as it logs me out instead of persisting the changes when I click on save... When I log back in the settings are as they were before.

I haven't done an upgrade yet as I've only gotten the title of webmaster a few days ago and don't even have my own account yet (as we can't make one).
You've not removed the prefix, it's still there. I know you can't edit in the ACP, which is hy you edit settings.php. The forum uses whatever is in settings.php, so when the correct settings are in there, clear your browser cookies, and it will work. Then you will be able to login to the ACP, and then you can submit the changes again.
(2010-09-01, 09:40 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You've not removed the prefix, it's still there. I know you can't edit in the ACP, which is hy you edit settings.php. The forum uses whatever is in settings.php, so when the correct settings are in there, clear your browser cookies, and it will work. Then you will be able to login to the ACP, and then you can submit the changes again.

I ment that I already tried removing it yesterday and put it back afterwards.

I've now done the following:

- removed the prefix from the settings.php
- made sure domain is ".caeruleus.be" and path = "/forum/"
- saved the settings.php
- cleared all browser data (cookies, history, ...)
- logged in to the ACP

=> logs me in fine, but every new page I open requires a new login. Saving things in the ACP still impossible.

Also, I can't safely update the forum as I have no access to the phpMyAdmin, and the adminCP backup tool doesn't allow me to backup (because it keeps logging me out instead of creating the backup)
(2010-09-01, 11:04 AM)massis Wrote: [ -> ]I ment that I already tried removing it yesterday and put it back afterwards.

I've now done the following:

- removed the prefix from the settings.php
- made sure domain is ".caeruleus.be" and path = "/forum/"
- saved the settings.php
- cleared all browser data (cookies, history, ...)
- logged in to the ACP

=> logs me in fine, but every new page I open requires a new login. Saving things in the ACP still impossible.

Also, I can't safely update the forum as I have no access to the phpMyAdmin, and the adminCP backup tool doesn't allow me to backup (because it keeps logging me out instead of creating the backup)

Still trying here, but I still can't get the ACP to work correctly... Anyone left with any ideas to help me out?
Tried another browser?? Those settings should work fine. PM me admin login details so I can try.
(2010-09-14, 10:25 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Tried another browser?? Those settings should work fine. PM me admin login details so I can try.

Tried Chrome, FF 3.6, IE7 and IE8. All give the same problems, even on multiple computers (at least 4 in total).
Ok, my website is http://www.developercentrale.co.cc/ (Using a sub domain of course) but if i try to log onto http://www.developercentrale.co.cc/ it wont work but i log on to me original domain Http://devcentral.createmybb3.com it will work i know i hve a cookie problem but i dont know what please help!

Thanks,
Dog510
Hmm it works now...
Your forum is being loaded via an iframe to get this domain to work, which isn't a good way of doing things.