MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login/Logout problems? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Ok, I'll admit that I did something wrong and really messed up my forum.
I installed and integrated a chat which worked great, but I had problems with my forum. So I tried "fixes" that were given and they worked! BUT, it caused other problems. BTW, it was Tufat.com's chat.

Well, now I have to old problem of can't log into the forum, and in Admin, I have to keep logging in after ever click I make.
I've read all your fixes here and have tried all of them. I'm at a loss.

My website is: http://peacefulpalace.com/forum

Let me know when you need the login info and I'll pm it to you.

Thanks
Make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666, and then clear your browser's cookies, close the browser, and try again. The settings are correct so it looks like the cookies haven't been updated on your computer.

(2009-05-10, 06:22 PM)twstyles Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say this was the easiest and most informative Post I have ever read on a support forum. Being new to this board program, I came straight here with an issue and found the answer in the very first post.

Good Job All, this is wonderful. Glad I chose this board for this person.

HeartHeartHeart

Good to hear!! Smile
(2009-05-10, 10:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure ./inc/settings.php is CHMOD to 666, and then clear your browser's cookies, close the browser, and try again. The settings are correct so it looks like the cookies haven't been updated on your computer.

(2009-05-10, 06:22 PM)twstyles Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say this was the easiest and most informative Post I have ever read on a support forum. Being new to this board program, I came straight here with an issue and found the answer in the very first post.

Good Job All, this is wonderful. Glad I chose this board for this person.

HeartHeartHeart

Good to hear!! Smile

If you're talking to me, I have checked and rechecked. Everything is fine.
Still no go. I even did a backup restore, to no avail.

I really screwed up somewhere.
Do you have a test account we can try??
I'm having a logging in problem.

URL: http://lastcode.wc3haven.com/

I set the cookie path and domain to the correct value in inc/settings.php AND in the database using phpadmin. I have also cleared my cookies, but to no avail. Any tips?

(and yes I'm accepting cookies)
Download your copy of settings.php, and then delete it from your server. It should regenerate, but if it doesn't, upload the copy you just downloaded. If it regenerates, it'll be a fresh one so we'll know the file is OK. You may need to click around the forum a few times to get the file to regenerate itself.
(2009-05-11, 09:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Download your copy of settings.php, and then delete it from your server. It should regenerate, but if it doesn't, upload the copy you just downloaded. If it regenerates, it'll be a fresh one so we'll know the file is OK. You may need to click around the forum a few times to get the file to regenerate itself.

Awesome! It worked.
Great Big Grin I'll add that to the first post, doing that solved it for someone else this morning too.
Quote:If your URL is http://subdomain.example.com/myforum/, your settings should be:
Cookie Domain: .subdomain.example.com OR .example.com
Cookie Path: /myforum/

This didn't work for me, in case this helps anyone. I eventually got it to work with;

Cookie Domain: example.com
Cookie Path: SubDomains/SubDomainName/forum/

where SubDomains & 'SubDomainName' are the path from my root public_html folder into that particular sub-domain's forum.

Many thanks again folks.
It shouldn't require that, wouldn't have thought it would work with that... is it all working properly then??