MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-02-16, 12:39 AM)AppleJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I tried to activate&install this fine looking plugin, but failed to do so due to this error :
[Image: fQDF6fm.png]

I think I had the same issue when I tried to use it on my forum, if you have an apostrophe in your forum name it breaks the SQL query. I worked around this by changing my forum name until I installed the SB then changing the name back.
(2014-02-16, 12:43 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-02-16, 12:39 AM)AppleJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! I tried to activate&install this fine looking plugin, but failed to do so due to this error :

I think I had the same issue when I tried to use it on my forum, if you have an apostrophe in your forum name it breaks the SQL query. I worked around this by changing my forum name until I installed the SB then changing the name back.

This answer makes sense. I'll fix this in a future update
(2014-02-16, 12:43 AM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you! It's working now. I should've paid more attention.
ectomatt should escape that variable however.
this shoutbox should be updated Smile
Is there anyway to make a media box like this has:

[Image: smiliees_zpsda1b756d.png]

and is linked with a command like:

/play {YOUTUBE LINK}

I would also like to know if, I can put a small image instead of username like this picture here:

[Image: aks.gif]
(2014-02-17, 09:24 PM)Kioshi Wrote: [ -> ]Is there anyway to make a media box like this has:

[Image: smiliees_zpsda1b756d.png]

and is linked with a command like:

/play {YOUTUBE LINK}

I would also like to know if, I can put a small image instead of username like this picture here:

[Image: aks.gif]

making a /play custom command to dynamically play a video on the side of the shoutbox is not a feature I would like for this shoutbox to have. Therefore, I am not going to do this modification for free. If you'd like you can modify my shoutbox to do as you please but I do not plan on making this.

As for your second question about making a username into an image: this is simple. open the file: Root/inc/plugins/inferno/class_core.php and find

$row['username'] = format_name($shout_user['username'], $shout_user['usergroup']);

under this line of code, add your custom code. Here is an example, all you have to do is modify it to your needs:

if ($shout_user['uid'] == 1)
			{
				$row['username'] = 'Your HTML Image here for user with id of 1';
			}
hello sir how to hide or remove the time on shout... beside username i want to hide it
Hi ectomatt, I have a problem with the plugin, it's conflicting with Overview plugin. Whenever I enable Inferno shoutbox, the Overview disappears, however, if I disable Overview's ajax, both shows up though I need my overview to run with ajax.
(2014-02-16, 01:05 PM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]this shoutbox should be updated Smile

I just submitted the new update for approval. It should take a couple of days.

(2014-02-19, 03:03 AM)melchor Wrote: [ -> ]hello sir how to hide or remove the time on shout... beside username i want to hide it

// Find in infernoshout.php this line:
$string = '[' . $s['timestamp'] . '] <b>[PM' . $to . ']</b> ' . $s['username'] . ' : ' . $s['shout'];

// Replace it with
$string = '<b>[PM' . $to . ']</b> ' . $s['username'] . ' : ' . $s['shout'];

// Find in the same file
$string = '[' . $s['timestamp'] . '] ' . $s['username'] . ' : ' . $s['shout'];

// Replace it with
$string = $s['username'] . ' : ' . $s['shout'];

(2014-02-19, 10:46 AM)Denzon Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ectomatt, I have a problem with the plugin, it's conflicting with Overview plugin. Whenever I enable Inferno shoutbox, the Overview disappears, however, if I disable Overview's ajax, both shows up though I need my overview to run with ajax.

I can't solve conflicting plugin issues. I just develop the shoutbox and that's it. Whether or not it conflicts with x or y plugin is beyond my control.