MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can also use the fetch_wol_activity_end and build_friendly_wol_location_end hooks to change the location name based on the link.
(2014-09-23, 04:36 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]You can also use the fetch_wol_activity_end and build_friendly_wol_location_end hooks to change the location name based on the link.

Hmm, that sounds helpful. I wonder why I couldn't find it when I was googling. I'll try and play with it when I have time.

Thanks for the tip.
Hey is there a way to disable posting showing in the shout box or restrict it? I have many topics on my forums that I do not want other people to see but when I post on them or post new topics in them everyone can see it in the shout box and that's not good.

P.S: I'm a big noob at coding so if you can simplify it for me that would be great.
(2014-09-23, 06:51 PM)EternalJesus Wrote: [ -> ]Hey is there a way to disable posting showing in the shout box or restrict it? I have many topics on my forums that I do not want other people to see but when I post on them or post new topics in them everyone can see it in the shout box and that's not good.

You can disable it completely in the settings or you can disable it for certain forums by entering the forum ids in the "New Thread Shout Exempt Forums " setting in the ACP.
It says enter the ID of that forum, where can I find the ID?
(2014-09-23, 07:10 PM)EternalJesus Wrote: [ -> ]It says enter the ID of that forum, where can I find the ID?

It should be in the URL. For example, take the URL of this forum

http://community.mybb.com/forum-102.html

Its forum id is 102.

The other way of finding the forum id is to look at the forum management page http://example.com/forum/admin/index.php?module=forum On that page each forum link will contain the associated forum id (for example, http://example.com/forum/admin/index.php...ment&fid=7 has a forum id of 7)
Thanks so much! Also I know I probably shouldn't ask here but you seem very helpful, how can I fix this issue?
I guess what I'm asking is how to move the posts down? I'm not sure. I'd like to do it without reducing the size of the founder image.
[Image: eBMcVNK.png]
(2014-09-23, 07:54 PM)EternalJesus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks so much! Also I know I probably shouldn't ask here but you seem very helpful, how can I fix this issue?
I guess what I'm asking is how to move the posts down? I'm not sure. I'd like to do it without reducing the size of the founder image.
[Image: eBMcVNK.png]

Well, it is the wrong place to ask it, but is there a <br> in the postbit template? I think there should be. If that doesn't help, then you should probably create a new thread in Mybb support.
Thanks so much! I've been going crazy wondering what was wrong.
On the who is online list, it shows people which are on index page location in "Unknown Location" instead. When you click on the "Unknown Location", it gives you the inferno shoutbox chatlog in a white page. Can this be changed, so it shows them on index when they are on index, or kind of disable the shoutbox for who is online. Thank you.