MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-08-03, 02:03 AM)Pan Wrote: [ -> ]If you have a category with a forumid of 1 then there will be a conflict between that and the inferno shoutbox collapser (should you have applied the necessary fixes to get it working.

Simple fix:

Find:
id="cat_1_img"
Replace with:
id="inferno_chatbox_img"

AND

Find:
id="cat_1_e"
Replace with:
id="inferno_chatbox_e"

Not that I don't appreciate what was done here but... WHERE do I find that code?

It'd be super helpful to know where to look to find these things so I don't spend a bunch of time ctrl+f-ing through files and codes all over the place.
(2014-08-04, 01:34 PM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I don't appreciate what was done here but... WHERE do I find that code?

It'd be super helpful to know where to look to find these things so I don't spend a bunch of time ctrl+f-ing through files and codes all over the place.

inc/plugins/inferno/templates/shoutbox.html

Line 10 for cat1_img
Line 20 for cat_1_e

edit; or if you've already installed
Home » Template Sets » YOUR THEMES TEMPLATES
Template: inferno_shoutbox
Ok... so I've been digging through posts all morning looking for some info on a few things I'd like to fix... I've seen a couple things but haven't been able to actually use any of them without either nothing happening, or things breaking.

I'll look around some more when I have time today but so far...

I can't collapse the shoutbox though I did try one of the fixes I saw. I'm going to try and change the categories and see if that works for me.

Second, when I try and click on a new poll link in the shoutbox, I get a page saying that there's already a poll there. I tried the fix for this that included replacing some code in the php file, but it broke my whole site, not just my forum/ directory... but everything was 500'ing out.

I'm also looking for a way to add the shoutbox, in a smaller version, to a different page at our site. Maybe a "light" version... I don't know.

I'd like to put it on our homepage in a sidebar almost like you'd see in a portal... though we don't use a portal for anything to do with anything. We use our own cms for the main stuff and the forum for other things. I'd just like to be able to add the forum to our other stuff without having to do something like an iframe. Anyone know of anything that'll work like that?

Finally, eccomatt, I can't thank you enough for all the time and effort you put into this. I didn't realize just how big of a project this was for you till I started going through the now 30+ pages of people like me having problems. I did see once where you were looking for someone else to take up development of the project and... well I don't know where that's all gone... but I hope you don't give it up. You've done something great here with this script and I'm more than willing to donate what I can when I can to you to help out in the future, and I encourage everyone else to do the same. This is a thankless job Matt does.
(2014-08-04, 02:09 PM)p00lz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-04, 01:34 PM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]Not that I don't appreciate what was done here but... WHERE do I find that code?

inc/plugins/inferno/templates/shoutbox.html

Line 10 for cat1_img
Line 20 for cat_1_e

edit; or if you've already installed
Home » Template Sets » YOUR THEMES TEMPLATES
Template: inferno_shoutbox

Right, noticed this wasn't working for me at all. Fix:

Deactivate the shoutbox plugin

ALSO;

In /inc/plugins/inferno.php
change
$plugins->add_hook('global_start', 'inferno_global');
to
$plugins->add_hook('global_end', 'inferno_global');

reactivate

and it will work (or at least is for me)
This did the job. I was able to minimize and maximize the shoutbox just fine... and I have seen no other changes do to this edit.

It did take both changes to get it to work though.
(2014-08-03, 09:30 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]One day in the future when I am not feeling so lazy I'll do an update for this shoutbox and fix all of these issues

Why not put this on Github or somewhere so that we can make pull requests so that you just have to accept them instead of making them yourself?

Edit: Nevermind, I can't believe I didn't notice that before...
(2014-08-04, 02:33 PM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]Ok... so I've been digging through posts all morning looking for some info on a few things I'd like to fix... I've seen a couple things but haven't been able to actually use any of them without either nothing happening, or things breaking.

I'll look around some more when I have time today but so far...

I can't collapse the shoutbox though I did try one of the fixes I saw. I'm going to try and change the categories and see if that works for me.

Second, when I try and click on a new poll link in the shoutbox, I get a page saying that there's already a poll there. I tried the fix for this that included replacing some code in the php file, but it broke my whole site, not just my forum/ directory... but everything was 500'ing out.

I'm also looking for a way to add the shoutbox, in a smaller version, to a different page at our site. Maybe a "light" version... I don't know.

I'd like to put it on our homepage in a sidebar almost like you'd see in a portal... though we don't use a portal for anything to do with anything. We use our own cms for the main stuff and the forum for other things. I'd just like to be able to add the forum to our other stuff without having to do something like an iframe. Anyone know of anything that'll work like that?

Finally, eccomatt, I can't thank you enough for all the time and effort you put into this. I didn't realize just how big of a project this was for you till I started going through the now 30+ pages of people like me having problems. I did see once where you were looking for someone else to take up development of the project and... well I don't know where that's all gone... but I hope you don't give it up. You've done something great here with this script and I'm more than willing to donate what I can when I can to you to help out in the future, and I encourage everyone else to do the same. This is a thankless job Matt does.

Thanks for the kind words. My goal in making this was to just have this as a project that would entertain me for a bit while trying to bring something unique from vB to MyBB so people could enjoy this software for no cost. However, as most of my coding projects go, once I start it I look back a few months later and can't believe how sloppy the code got and how much I don't like how I programmed it and think about how much it could be improved. (this is also always a learning process for me after all). Since quite a few of you seem to really appreciate this shoutbox I will begin updating it tonight. I will address all of the bugs since the last update and possibly add a new feature or two if I can think of one.

As for donating, It's not necessary.
So i've been testing a new site theme and the copyright for this kept breaking it, couldn't figure out how to move it to where the other copyright jazz was being moved (there was nothing in the footer template at all) then realized it was done by the inc\plugins\inferno\class_core.php file, which made everything a pain.

Would be much easier on everyone's part if activating the plugin just placed the copyright text into the footer template like every other plugin.
Hi ! so i tried to search for my question but found nothing, so there the thing, i want to hide the Active User : 0 on top of the shoutbox, i tried to delete the line in the template, dont work.

BTW really good shoutbox !
(2014-08-12, 01:01 AM)Dasquall Wrote: [ -> ]Hi ! so i tried to search for my question but found nothing, so there the thing, i want to hide the Active User : 0 on top of the shoutbox, i tried to delete the line in the template, dont work.

BTW really good shoutbox !

Did you do the fix so that the SB will load the custom templates? (Here)