MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i seperatley format the username, shout, and time, with seperate classes. I have done this so far but for some reason the css is not accepted. Here is what i have tried but for some reason it does not work. As a test ive been trying to get a basic border above each shout but it does not work. Below is the relevent parts of the inferno.css and the infernoshout.php files. AttachedĀ is also a screenshot of what the shoutbox looks like.

$string .= "<tr class='shoutrow;'><td class='shouttime'>" . $s['timestamp'] . '</td> ' . '<td class="shoutname">' . $s['username'] . '</td><td class="shoutseperate"> : </td>' . '<td class="shouttext">' . $s['shout'] . '</td></tr>';
.shouttime {
}
.shoutname {
}
.shoutseperate {
}
td.shouttext {
	color: blue;
}
tr.shoutrow {
	border-top: 1px solid;
}
.inferno_content {
	padding-left: 5px;
	word-wrap:break-word;
	margin-right:10px;
	margin-bottom:20px;
	margin-top:5px;
	height: 230px;
	overflow: auto;

}
(2018-03-03, 06:46 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ actually clicking on a username in the shoutbox should open private message facility (instant private chat)

if direct help required, (assuming that your forum is eligible for the support)
you may PM me temporary access to files (FTP) & forum admin panel to check it

Please help if possible!
Hey,

I would like to add 2 modifications for the shoutbox. I'm using mybb 1.8.

1. Adding the Date + Time to the "created a new post in...", like:
xyz created a post in "how to help" (21.03.2018 23:12)

2. Using the Post name and also the Thread or category name where the post got created, like:
xyz created the post "how to help" in the thread "support".

Anyone could help me with this? thank you Smile

sorry for my english fails Smile
I have this error after upgrade to PHP 7.2:

Warning [2] Use of undefined constant inferno_shoutbox_title - assumed 'inferno_shoutbox_title' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) - Line: 4 - File: infernoshout.php(608) : eval()'d code PHP 7.2.7 (Linux)

https://www.promo2day.com/index.php
Is it possible to move this from the index page to its own page

anyone
hello anyone home
My first post here, and I just switched from Invision Power Board to MYBB after having purchased a Lifetime License from IPB, only to have them discontinue support for it, and they are charging ridiculous pricing for their "Community Suite"

First and foremost, I am loving the MYBB software. Nice! Secondly, I installed the IPB Theme, which is top shelf.

So, I wanted to have a shoutbox like my old forum had, and tried the DVZ version, but couldn't get it to work. Downloaded this version and it works perfectly! Very nice, running on MYBB 1821.

The only question I have (and I have read close to thirty pages of this thread), is there a simple way to make the height a little smaller top to bottom? We have to scroll down a good ways to see the forums menu underneath.

Thanks!
How do I make this Mobile Friendly it doesn't appear right on mobile
is there a way you can fake a shouts time sent?
i cant mention someone how can i fix it

(2014-09-06, 08:15 PM)Clank Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I'm a big fan of this plugin and use it on my own site, but as many of you know, it doesn't work on Mybb 1.8. I took this opportunity to share my changes and implemented bugfixes for the plugin (it is open source after all).

Instructions;

1. Grab a copy of https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-PluginLibrary (it must be from here since this includes an important fix) or use PluginLibrary version 13 or later (which isn't released as of writing this)
2. Change the compatibility of the PluginLibrary line from 16* to 18*, then upload it to your site.

3. Uninstall your old copy of Inferno Shoutbox, if you had it installed
4. Upload my copy from: https://github.com/TechyZeldaNerd/The-In...box-of-Din and install it. (Direct download)
5. Enjoy and please report any bugs that you find.

Here's a short list of what I fixed,

--Fixed Bugs--
Collapsing issue
The shoutbox can now be used anywhere with custom templates (thanks to the Mybb team for adding a global_intermediate hook)
Fix for the new thread shout being wrong when a poll was posted (thanks Destroy666)
Fix so that the shoutbox will use the display group instead of the primary for styling usernames (again, thanks Destroy666)
Fix for the time being off set by an hour with daylight savings time (I don't recall who this was, but thanks)

--Thanks to all who reported bugs and especially to those who helped with solutions.

--Known issues--
Since I set it to strip slashes, it will strip any "\" from the shouts. This was done to fix an issue with thread titles that include quotes. If anyone knows of a proper way to fix this, I would appreciate some help.
Because I changed the way CSS and settings are handled, a clean install is necessary to reap all the benefits of the update. I'm not sure if there's a way to do this otherwise, but again, I wouldn't mind some help if there is.

--New features--
CSS is now handled by the Mybb theme manager, so each theme has its own inferno.css
There is now an option to post a shout when someone posts in a thread.
The shoutbox now works on Mybb 1.8 (and only Mybb 1.8)

Disclaimer: I have minimal knowledge of PHP and Javascript, most of which have come from tinkering with this plugin, so I very well may have mad some mistakes, but to the best of my knowledge, the plugin works fine.

bruh how can i fix the mention one its not show when i am trying to mention someone