MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-07-08, 09:45 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-08, 07:54 AM)RVNsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]It just keeps saying "Something went wrong..."

Something went wrong.

Well I haven't touched any of the settings, so care to elaborate WHAT went wrong?
Hi Guys, is there anyway I can make my inferno shoutbox time adhere to Daylight Saving Time like my forum? Its currently 1 hour behind...
Any help will be appreciated Smile
(2014-07-09, 04:47 AM)RVNsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-08, 09:45 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-07-08, 07:54 AM)RVNsoftware Wrote: [ -> ]It just keeps saying "Something went wrong..."

Something went wrong.

Well I haven't touched any of the settings, so care to elaborate WHAT went wrong?

I can't magically guess what issues you may have. People have had this problem in the past and it has been a variety of reasons. Cloudflare, file permissions, etc. Read your browser console and find out what kind of error it is giving, if any.

(2014-07-09, 05:30 PM)Dean0bi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys, is there anyway I can make my inferno shoutbox time adhere to Daylight Saving Time like my forum? Its currently 1 hour behind...
Any help will be appreciated Smile

This issue has been solved by users previously in the thread. I will update it in a future release but if you want to fix it now, the post is buried somewhere in this thread.
@Dean0bi you can try this method
Many thanks guys, I'll try the quick fix for now and await the patch Smile
Hello ectomatt,

We have been using Inferno Shoutbox (1.3) and it made our forum more lively - thank you for this great addon!

The only issue we have at the moment is this one you can see in the picture. It happens whenever a thread has the character ' in it.
[Image: qTlC3yi.png]

Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks
this is because the text is escaped when being inserted into the database and not being unescaped when being read, so the database will actually contain \'issue\' so that it doesn't allow for sql injection, it just needs to be parsed coming out of the select and unescaped

quick fix = yes, however I dont have time to look at the specific code that does this, the above should help you find it though
(2014-07-15, 11:47 AM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]this is because the text is escaped when being inserted into the database and not being unescaped when being read, so the database will actually contain \'issue\' so that it doesn't allow for sql injection, it just needs to be parsed coming out of the select and unescaped

quick fix = yes, however I dont have time to look at the specific code that does this, the above should help you find it though

Thank for this. I don't know how to do this quickfix - so hopefully someone with the knowledge will post it here...
You should be able to fix it with something like

/inc/plugins/inferno/class_core.php
edit around line 450 (My version is heavily modified so you may have a different line. But look for

if (!empty($css))
{
	$row['shout'] = '<span style="' . $css . '">' . $row['shout'] . '</span>';
}

and replace it with
if (!empty($css))
{
	$row['shout'] = '<span style="' . $css . '">' . stripslashes($row['shout']) . '</span>';
}

that should take care of it
What is this Variable?