MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-07-20, 08:14 AM)sarmadi Wrote: [ -> ]What is this Variable?

Which one are you looking for?
hello i want to req notification sound nad can on/off if possible on next update Big Grin hhehehe

thanks
Hi, I just changed the theme on site and the shoutbox has gone. Is there a code somewhere I need to change to bring it back. Thanks.

Don't worry, I figured it out : {$inferno_shoutbox} in the index template
So today I posted my weekly poll over at our ol' website. Like always (and what I love) the link to the poll appeared in the shoutbox... but... Oh nose!

Clicking on it brought up a page saying

"Thread already has poll!"

And there was much sadness. Sad
(2014-07-27, 04:25 PM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]So today I posted my weekly poll over at our ol' website. Like always (and what I love) the link to the poll appeared in the shoutbox... but... Oh nose!

I believe there was a fix for this posted earlier in this thread
(2014-07-27, 04:25 PM)jason_lbg Wrote: [ -> ]So today I posted my weekly poll over at our ol' website. Like always (and what I love) the link to the poll appeared in the shoutbox... but... Oh nose!

http://community.mybb.com/thread-149231-...pid1075442
Having an issue getting this to use the stylesheet in my themes instead of the inferno_style.css it comes with
If you have a category with a forumid of 1 then there will be a conflict between that and the inferno shoutbox collapser (should you have applied the necessary fixes to get it working.

Simple fix:

Find:
id="cat_1_img"
Replace with:
id="inferno_chatbox_img"

AND

Find:
id="cat_1_e"
Replace with:
id="inferno_chatbox_e"
Tried editing the plugin with something akin to this so it would add a stylesheet to the master template so all themes will inherit it instead of resorting to using the .css file so we can have theme-specific templates for the shoutbox;
http://community.mybb.com/thread-120355-...#pid872298

but i'm having a big arsehole full of issues with it and seem to be getting nowhere or just not understanding it what's going on.
First problem I'm having iI see is
require_once(MYBB_ROOT."admin/inc/functions_themes.php");
I don't use admin/ by default, in my config.php it's changed to $config['admin_dir'] = 'randomfoldername';
I get for myself I could put the folder name in... will replacement admin/ with ['admin_dir']/ work in that case?
(i get i could change it to what my admin directory is, but that helps nobody else)

I also guess stopping the shoutbox.html from pulling the .css file would also be necessary
it's in the first line of the file, so would simply making this change in the file work for pulling the necessary stylesheet?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/inc/plugins/inferno/inferno_style.css">
to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/cache/themes/theme{$tid}/inferno_style.css">

Any help at all?

forked it here with where I'm at, need help with the admin thing (and other errors i'm getting, seriously clueless here)
(2014-08-03, 06:32 PM)p00lz Wrote: [ -> ]Tried editing the plugin with something akin to this so it would add a stylesheet to the master template so all themes will inherit it instead of resorting to using the .css file so we can have theme-specific templates for the shoutbox;
http://community.mybb.com/thread-120355-...#pid872298

but i'm having a big arsehole full of issues with it and seem to be getting nowhere or just not understanding it what's going on.
First problem I'm having iI see is
require_once(MYBB_ROOT."admin/inc/functions_themes.php");
I don't use admin/ by default, in my config.php it's changed to $config['admin_dir'] = 'randomfoldername';
I get for myself I could put the folder name in... will replacement admin/ with ['admin_dir']/ work in that case?
(i get i could change it to what my admin directory is, but that helps nobody else)

I also guess stopping the shoutbox.html from pulling the .css file would also be necessary
it's in the first line of the file, so would simply making this change in the file work for pulling the necessary stylesheet?

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/inc/plugins/inferno/inferno_style.css">
to
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/cache/themes/theme{$tid}/inferno_style.css">

Any help at all?

forked it here with where I'm at, need help with the admin thing (and other errors i'm getting, seriously clueless here)

One day in the future when I am not feeling so lazy I'll do an update for this shoutbox and fix all of these issues