MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [AJAX] Inferno Shoutbox for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice one kiara12.

Ectomatt,will you explain the following pic: http://i.imgur.com/f8B0Rs8.png
This is happened after the upgrade to 1.3
Refresh is set to 5 seconds and ANUS is enabled.
Floodcontrol is set to 3

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Another pic with info!
(2014-03-11, 08:12 PM)tazcom Wrote: [ -> ]Nice one kiara12.

Ectomatt,will you explain the following pic: http://i.imgur.com/Im68kZA.png
Floodcontrol is set to 3

Thanks in advance.

I'd explain it but I can't quite tell what I'm looking at
(2014-03-11, 09:47 PM)ectomatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-11, 08:12 PM)tazcom Wrote: [ -> ]Nice one kiara12.

Ectomatt,will you explain the following pic: http://i.imgur.com/Im68kZA.png
Floodcontrol is set to 3

Thanks in advance.

I'd explain it but I can't quite tell what I'm looking at

Looks like CPU and memory usage. And it looks like a lot.

Regards,
Davy
Yes, it's way too much. The pic is a screenshot of a part of the processes on the server taken in webhostmanager.

I have changed the pic in #201

Maby it's clear now.
(2014-03-12, 08:43 AM)tazcom Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's way too much. The pic is a screenshot of a part of the processes on the server taken in webhostmanager.

I have changed the pic in #201

Maby it's clear now.

You said this only started happening in the last update?
(2014-03-11, 11:04 AM)Masterchief1 Wrote: [ -> ]hi

yes i tried with ctrl f5 and cleared the cache, etc. i checked it from 2 other pc's too. there is no change. will trying forward

That sounds like the issue I'm having. In my case, I found that any changes that I made to the shoutbox template would not display. It appeared to continue to read from the default template from some reason.
(2014-03-12, 06:54 PM)Tanweth Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-03-11, 11:04 AM)Masterchief1 Wrote: [ -> ]hi

yes i tried with ctrl f5 and cleared the cache, etc. i checked it from 2 other pc's too. there is no change. will trying forward

That sounds like the issue I'm having. In my case, I found that any changes that I made to the shoutbox template would not display. It appeared to continue to read from the default template from some reason.

I have been researching this issue for a bit and I don't understand what is going on, the plugin clearly reads the template from the Mybb templates, yet it isn't getting changes.

The other thing is the inferno_shoutbox is actually the only template which isn't cached(and read from the database every time).

I guess quite frankly I have no idea what is going on here, I mean I can't find anything wrong, but it still doesn't work.
Yeah, it has me confused as well. I tried going into the database directly and modifying the sid -2 template (i.e. the default template that the plugin generates when it is activated), and that change showed up immediately. When you make a custom edit to a template, a new template is added to the database with an sid that corresponds to your theme (as does happen with an inferno_shoutbox edit). The sid -2 template is supposed to be superseded by the new template for your theme, and it is for every template other than inferno_shoutbox in this plugin. I did try checking the plugin's code to see if I could find an issue, but I didn't. All obvious indicators are that it should be read like any other template, as ectomatt said. But something is obviously different.
Wait a moment, when you load the index there are two of inferno_shoutbox loaded, one isn't cached and one is(I missed it before), could this be related?

Also when I make changes to the inferno_archive template, those are loaded.
well i'm very happy that users/devs like you check this issue. i'm only a normal user which want use this plugin, so i can't help with this. no coding skillz^^

i hope for a fix. thanxs guys for your efforts